Noticed a few of the MCP options have been implemented,

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
chaosislife

Noticed a few of the MCP options have been implemented,

Post by chaosislife »

I'm just wondering if we can make some of those types of things optional, for instance the NPC's won't equip armor they're sold or given one is rather annoying IMO, plus it doesn't make much sense that they can't upgrade their armor. I'd be rather annoyed if i were running a pawn shop and someone passed a law that said that I can't use the alienware computer that someone just sold me. It also seems to be causing a problem with CM partners, not that CM partners actually works otherwise, but the NPC's spawn naked and remain that way despite having armor and clothing in their inventories.

Another one that I've noticed is the ability to enchant arrows, this is one I like, but it doesn't seem to be implemented properly yet as it only allows you to enchant one arrow at a time, and if you use the console to make a stack of those arrows, each shot will deplete the charge of the entire stack. I'll have to test whether having multiple instances of the same vanilla enchanted item depletes the whole stack soon. As for the arrows, I believe it's a good idea to make a few of them dependent upon how much charge the soul gem has, and of course make them not deplete the stack, and then make them irretrievable so that they're one shot items like the with the vanilla MCP versions. I can picture them being destroyed on impact due to their enchantment self destructing or something.

I haven't seen the enchantment value one yet, and I think that would be a good one to have in, so that enchanting can actually be a way to make money. The cast from any stance would be good too tho the related cool down one should prolly be an optional thing. There might be more but I can't think of any others right now.
chaosislife

Re: Noticed a few of the MCP options have been implemented,

Post by chaosislife »

Eh just figured I'd try bumping this as it's still annoying me in-game, and bumping is a thing ppl do apparently. I at least have the sense to not bump five minutes after the frelling post, actually this would be my first time ever on any forum.
SwissCM

Post by SwissCM »

Don't have an opinion an arrow enchanting (other than "more options are always nice") but I agree that merchants should wear nice armor if they are sold it. I always thought it was a funny thing to see, in a good way.
DocClox

Post by DocClox »

SwissCM wrote:Don't have an opinion an arrow enchanting (other than "more options are always nice") but I agree that merchants should wear nice armor if they are sold it. I always thought it was a funny thing to see, in a good way.
Actually, that's one thing I'd strongly prefer to see left optional. Otherwise Galbedir and half the merchants in Balmora all turn into Dark Brotherhood assassins

What I would like to see from MCP are the control click to dispose a corpse without looting it (thereby keeping save bloat down) and on the spell screen, to jump to a spell by typing the first letter of the name. At least those are the two I mainly miss when playing with OpenMW.

But I assume all this is post-1.0 anyway.
chaosislife

Post by chaosislife »

with the right mods galby turns into a heavily armored enchanted companion so.... Honestly this is a lot like the Skyrim companion mods where we can't just turn their outfits off and have them wear armor when posted somewhere. It always annoyed me how the blacksmith that stays outside would always get killed by vamps, and I couldn't do anything about it except either take her with me, or take her somewhere else which both screw her trading inventory. I suppose I could make her essential which wouldn't be that bad since everyone else in that game seems to be immortal.