OpenMW 3D

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Pithorn

OpenMW 3D

Post by Pithorn »

I mean if I display Openmw on TV(with 3D support) and wear the correct glasses,
then we can enjoy a real morrowind world :D .
Br0ken

Re: OpenMW 3D

Post by Br0ken »

I think that Oculus Rift more promising ;)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=950
nopoe

Post by nopoe »

From what I understand about the way 3d games work, I think openmw should already function in stereo, nvidia's active shutter glasses operate at the driver level. You will need to use directx, however. OpenGL needs quad buffering for nvidia's active shutter 3d. That means workstation graphics cards and those are expensive.
Pithorn

Post by Pithorn »

nopoe wrote:From what I understand about the way 3d games work, I think openmw should already function in stereo, nvidia's active shutter glasses operate at the driver level. You will need to use directx, however. OpenGL needs quad buffering for nvidia's active shutter 3d. That means workstation graphics cards and those are expensive.

TV in my home can alternately display the stereo videos, also has a pair of automatic shutter glasses.
So what I wish is just generate the two stereo videos and display them in 1 window.
(I mean if the game window is 800x600, it will change into 1600x600(L&R) or 800x1200(U&D).)
Then the television will finish the rest job.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

By the time OpenMW is actually finished, we'll probably have completely new technology to use for 3D. 3D may not even require glasses anymore by then; not that I'm insinuating OpenMW will take 20 years to complete.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Tes96 wrote:By the time OpenMW is actually finished, we'll probably have completely new technology to use for 3D. 3D may not even require glasses anymore by then; not that I'm insinuating OpenMW will take 20 years to complete.
v1.0 should hit within a year, bro. I hope it is still being improved/maintained in 20 years, though :)
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

WeirdSexy wrote:
Tes96 wrote:By the time OpenMW is actually finished, we'll probably have completely new technology to use for 3D. 3D may not even require glasses anymore by then; not that I'm insinuating OpenMW will take 20 years to complete.
v1.0 should hit within a year, bro. I hope it is still being improved/maintained in 20 years, though :)
A year?! Well plow me in the rear, that's great to hear! A little earlier than I expected, for I still will be going to school and won't have the job I want where I will be able to afford a $15,000 computer. (And yes, you can build them that expensive at cyberpowerpc.com if you get the best of the best)
I hope OpenMW will still be worked on even in the 22nd century. If I'm alive by then, I'll still be modding. Let's see, I'd be about 117 years old.... that's plausible.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

yes, 2013 is "make or break" this time for real. Support for multiple esm and esps open the road for save and load feature. When animation implementation will be ready (and It looks like chris is going to make it happen very soon) it will be time for combat, spellcasting and we will have almost feature complete reimplentation.

PS
ah yes, we still don't have any sort of AI.