A Set of Ideas

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Tarius

Re: A Set of Ideas

Post by Tarius »

asirian wrote:I have some idea about better skilling in morrowind. ( I always want new skill) but this isn´t important now. I want to improve skills in morrowind and get them talent tree, like in skyrim, but my is little better, i think. From 50 skill, u can get new point to skill talent tree. Then u can get new talent point everytime u get another 5 skill points in this currect skill. it need to rise skill cap to 150.

But there is another problem, this idea need another idea to improve skills like armorer. Armorer have very specific role in game and its only repair armor. I could only make balanced talent trees for skills, tell u few more ideas, but that is all. My biggest problem is that i haven´t any programming skills.
This is for modders to do, not OpenMW.
asirian

Post by asirian »

Hmmm, sorry, i dont think, so, modders can do all those details, but OpenMW, need to create a basic system..how it will work in easy way......my ilusion:

Enchanting(0)..........50
.....A.......(B)..........C

A- U can click on name of skill and it will show u talent map
B- Show how many talent point are available
C- Skill
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

asirian wrote:Hmmm, sorry, i dont think, so, modders can do all those details, but OpenMW, need to create a basic system..how it will work in easy way......my ilusion:

Enchanting(0)..........50
.....A.......(B)..........C

A- U can click on name of skill and it will show u talent map
B- Show how many talent point are available
C- Skill
That's what he was saying. OpenMW (as in the actual software you download from our website) won't include new/altered skills. However, OpenMW will have support for modders to add/alter skills with our editor.
asirian

Post by asirian »

Ah, sorry i don´t understant at first the real function, of your project... U want to to create engine with freedom for moders ... Can i ask what kind of ideas u want? fro example ?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

asirian wrote:Ah, sorry i don´t understant at first the real function, of your project... U want to to create engine with freedom for moders ... Can i ask what kind of ideas u want? fro example ?
OpenMW is a program that allows you to play games like Morrowind but without the Morrowind.exe file. It is designed clean from the ground up. Any 'features' you would like to add can most likely be created as a Mod, like you would for Morrowind, but with additional features.

The project tries to aim for near perfect parity with Morrowind.exe, while correcting major bugs/flaws. You need Morrowind (CD) to use OpenMW to play Morrowind.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

asirian wrote:Ah, sorry i don´t understant at first the real function, of your project... U want to to create engine with freedom for moders ... Can i ask what kind of ideas u want? fro example ?
You're asking what ideas we would want modders to implement, right? (In other words, stuff we want but that won't be available by default in OpenMW)

I'd like to see mods that add active shield blocking and the ability to apply poison to your weapons.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

BrotherBrick wrote:
OpenMW is a program that allows you to play games like Morrowind but without the Morrowind.exe file. It is designed clean from the ground up. Any 'features' you would like to add can most likely be created as a Mod, like you would for Morrowind, but with additional features.

The project tries to aim for near perfect parity with Morrowind.exe, while correcting major bugs/flaws. You need Morrowind (CD) to use OpenMW to play Morrowind.
Question, was the "omitting the Morning Star" (January) from TESIII a developer issue or an engine issue? When OpenMW v1.0 is released, will modders still need to add in the month of Morning Star? Or will it already be there with OpenMW?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Question, was the "omitting the Morning Star" (January) from TESIII a developer issue or an engine issue? When OpenMW v1.0 is released, will modders still need to add in the month of Morning Star? Or will it already be there with OpenMW?
As far as I am concerned this is a bug in Morrowind and therefore it should be fixed in OpenMW. Which we have done about a year ago. If this should happen to break someone's mod, we can still can add an system-wide option to use the 11-month scheme (and make this the default). I don't expect that to happen though.