Landmass

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

sirherrbatka

Re: Landmass

Post by sirherrbatka »

AFAIK this is the typical way to make TC.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

These are all problems that have been solved already so we can load an end result into OpenMW, it's the plugin that has the "Crypt" data in it.

You don't need to worry about using a perfectly clean plugin file while you're working on the heightmap, we can clean it out later and merge it with the ESM we already have. What you should probably stick to is working in Vanilla Morrowind with a traditional plugin. It's going to be a lot easier to make this whole thing using the Vanilla Morrowind engine as a means of running around it in character. So like I said, later we can merge it into the master plugin that already has the crypt.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Any luck getting the plugin to work today Hircine?
hircine

Post by hircine »

Haven't yet started today's work on it. just got home from work. will have another bunch of attempts tonight.

Edit: I'm pretty determined. Going to setup a Linux VM try and debug whats going on in omw.
hircine

Post by hircine »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23495823/Morrowind.esm

Ok, I'm currently not able to load the Landscape with the 0.17.0 RC 32 or 64 bit for windows.

I can load the landscape on Vanilla Morrowind.(but it crashes when I stray too far away from the initial point).

Could I get some help in testing it with previous versions, just to make sure its not a new bug or something and possibly to find the root cause of the missing land.

Edit: Land is there. just not textured. tested with TCL. which crashes the game.
(there is a container bag, if you stand next to it and activate tcl, you will surely hit the invisible land)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Your plugin doesn't have LTEX records. That can't work. I guess in MW you still implicitly load the original Morrowind.esm file (which has those records). I suggest to rename your original Morrowind.esm file temporarily to something else and then try to play your plugin again in original MW. That should crash too.
hircine

Post by hircine »

In original morrowind, it loads fine. but crashes shortly after

"I can load the landscape on Vanilla Morrowind.(but it crashes when I stray too far away from the initial point)."

Morrowind has a 'default' texture that gets applied.
Zini

Post by Zini »

So your terrain is completely untextured? I don't think that this will work with OpenMW in its current state.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

It's not untextured, it has the default texture. If understand him correctly. It's the texture that you can see when you open the Construction Set and you have a lot of flat brown terrain under water. The brown is the texture, so it is applied. Is that right Hircine?
Zini

Post by Zini »

That is what I mean. It doesn't have a texture, so MW applies a default texture instead. Won't work on OpenMW.

Edit: At least that is how I think it works. Scrawl can you confirm, that MW implicitly uses a default texture and that we don't support that yet?