Art assets

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

sirherrbatka

Re: Art assets

Post by sirherrbatka »

I like it. Really!
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Why not just shove a bunch of models in where possible.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

While I've always loved those models, I'm not sure if we'll need them yet. Thanks for offering though, we'll be sure to keep them in mind! If we need them, we'll definitely use them :D

@Tarius: We've got a plan and sticking things haphazardly into the project will only make things confusing.
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

Greendogo wrote:I'm not sure if we'll need them yet.
I thought so. You are on Bethesda forums right? If you decide to use them pls get in touch with me so I can add bump maps and stuff, and change the alpha settings of the plant since the problem with overlapping alphas does not exist in OpenMW anymore.

Thanks.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Sure thing!
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Greendogo wrote:While I've always loved those models, I'm not sure if we'll need them yet. Thanks for offering though, we'll be sure to keep them in mind! If we need them, we'll definitely use them :D

@Tarius: We've got a plan and sticking things haphazardly into the project will only make things confusing.
Well I meant more to include things so they could be used as resources by people.
Faelian

Post by Faelian »

Hey guys, i've been tracking OpenMW for a long time and i'm really excited about it all.
So, i finally decided that i want to help you in some way and seeing that for the ES you have almost no animations, i think i can handle some of them. http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/424 ... w%3D&pUp=1 my only released mod that may be used as a showcase.

If you wish, just let me know what kind of animation in particular you need and i will do my best.
Also, don't know if you already thought about it, but Arcimaestro Antares made a lot of great animations for Animated Morrowind. Perhaps some of them may come in handy and i think you will get a permission to use them.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

what a cute little mod…
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Weeeeell, we really need the basic animations.

See, we can't use Bethesda's animations, and most of the available replacers for the basic animations (like walk, run, swim, jump, etc...) are really weird and flamboyant. We could really use some very basic, clean animations for walking, running, swimming, jumping, first-personing, etc. etc.

If you think you could help us out with that, I would be elated!
Faelian

Post by Faelian »

Yeah, i can realize. Though Dirnae's animations are quite toned down. Anyway, i'll start working on a set of some basic animations. I'll just need to find out how to make 1st person animations, cause i never really worked with them.