OpenMW Template art

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

Lamoot

OpenMW Template art

Post by Lamoot »

Hello, to keep you updated on what's going on in my lab, I'll be posting preview renders. Currently I'm working on various assets for the Template. The actual files are uploaded to my example suite repo https://gitlab.com/Lamoot/example-suite and are release as public domain. I make sure all images are my own work or derived from public domain files I find online.

Two new moons

The template would have a checker base texture with an additional texture to show some terrain variation (thus showing and inviting users how it's done)

Main menu idea (work in progress)
AnyOldName3

Re: OpenMW Template art

Post by AnyOldName3 »

There's quite a bit of ambient light on those moons. The dark bit of a gibbous moon is much darker than that IRL. Other than that, good work. The checkerboard terrain base texture's a good idea.
Lamoot

Post by Lamoot »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 14:36 There's quite a bit of ambient light on those moons. The dark bit of a gibbous moon is much darker than that IRL.
Thanks for the feedback, the moons indeed have a lot more ambient light in the shadowed areas than is usual. I only went by my recollection of how they appeared to me when playing Morrowind and intentionally made them less contrast-y. After checking the original moons, I see they are a lot darker in the shaded areas and also have phases. Both of these will be easy to fix / add once I get to revise them.
AnyOldName3 wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 14:36 Other than that, good work. The checkerboard terrain base texture's a good idea.
Great to hear, I plan to use the same checker texture for the background in the main menu, to keep a common theme.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Really nice job!
Lamoot

Post by Lamoot »

lysol wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 21:03Really nice job!
Thanks!

Here's another main menu concept using the same checker texture as the terrain.

psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Nice!
urm
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/uramer

Post by urm »

Minor feedback on the second menu concept: the dot from the checker pattern is interfering with the menu buttons somewhat. Maybe shift it one checker to the side?
Lamoot

Post by Lamoot »

psi29a wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 14:01Nice!
Thanks!
urm wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 11:14 Minor feedback on the second menu concept: the dot from the checker pattern is interfering with the menu buttons somewhat. Maybe shift it one checker to the side?
Now that you mention it, it does stick out from the orderly menu. It's not a problem to adjust this. So far it's still only a concept, although the main menu buttons are already done. For the rest, it's only two elements: background and the main logo in the middle (and then probably some xml editing to get the background working properly)
Lamoot

Post by Lamoot »

Kinda finished with the journal graphics. "Kinda" refers to the part where the buttons don't visually change depending on their state (idle, hover, press). It's always just idle. The source .svg file allows for quick iteration of buttons styles, but I plan to work on other things and get back to the buttons at a later time. It's all still functional though.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Such a clean look, the journal looks great.