Non-coding jobs

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
sirherrbatka

Re: Non-coding jobs

Post by sirherrbatka »

Then I don't know anymore. :P
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

hircine wrote:I go on occasionally (pchan3) to reddit. and answer questions and what not, try to changes people's preconceptions about the engine :)
Ah, there we are. :-)

Yeah, r/morrowind really seems to love OpenMW. Even if someone doesn't know about us and asks what OpenMW is, there's always regular members explaining what it is. What's more, last update someone beat me to the punch to creating a submission there, even though it was up for only an hour or two. People on that subreddit are really paying attention to the website.

Makes our job even easier, right?
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

Reddit has an ungodly insane amount of numbers(users), it would be a great to way spread the word.
Ryz

Post by Ryz »

I have created a topic on the Steam User Forums. If you want me to change anything, just let me know.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ryz wrote:I have created a topic on the Steam User Forums. If you want me to change anything, just let me know.
Awesome, nice work. Did you pull this text from somewhere, or did you write it fresh? It looks like a great blurb for any promo we do.
Ryz

Post by Ryz »

raevol wrote:
Ryz wrote:I have created a topic on the Steam User Forums. If you want me to change anything, just let me know.
Awesome, nice work. Did you pull this text from somewhere, or did you write it fresh? It looks like a great blurb for any promo we do.
Wrote it fresh. I used information from the FAQ page and the FAQ video.
I'll be sure to monitor the topic (I've set up an e-mail notification).
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

It's not that big, but I would change two things
OpenMW aims to be a a fully playable and open-source reimplementation of Morrowind.
...reimplementation of the Morrowind engine, bringing along a custom editor and an example suite.
Of course! If you are a developer with C++ experience or are just looking to help with research and testing, have a look at the OpenMW forums.
... a developer with C++/Qt experience or ...

Good job on the article.
Trogador

Post by Trogador »

I've been watching this project develop and flourish for a long time, and I would love to help by breaking it for you guys as a bug tester. :P
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

We can always use bug testers, and especially with new releases, we have threads for bug testing were you can post your findings.
Blvebird

Post by Blvebird »

Hi people! :D

well, I have been following your updates already for some time, and first of all, congratulations to everyone for all the great work here! After some days thinking about it, I decided to offer my help to this awesome project. I don't have any programming skill, but I have worked as translator (English to Spanish mainly) for a couple of companies, one of them a paper RPGs editorial so I already have experience in the field. I don't know if you need such kind of help, but I will be glad to help you as much as I can! :)

J.