New German Newser/Developer

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
spyboot

New German Newser/Developer

Post by spyboot »

Hello OpenMW-Forum.

I have been watching this project for a long time now (Well, since it first appeared on some Linux-News/Gaming sites). After being a bit skeptical about the project as you never know if the development will stop/people will loose interest in it, I was finally disabused when it appeared again on some of them a short while ago.
I checked out the homepage and saw that there was active development on it.

As I'm a huge Morrowind fan, I was particularly interested in this project and decided that I want to help to make it happen.
I'm hereby offering my knowledge of the German language to translate the weekly reviews into German (native German here).
Also I have some years of experience in programming (mainly Java) but not that much in C/C++.
It's not only my first time using C++ in a larger Project but I have not that much experience in using git either.

So if you think I'm pushing crap code, feel free to ignore it. I'll later look how you guys did it plus I wont be angry at you.

Well that's pretty much it.
I'm called binlain on GitHub (https://github.com/binlain) and I decided to upload some projects I'm working on in the next days. Feel free to look if you're interested.

Spyboot
Zini

Re: New German Newser/Developer

Post by Zini »

Welcome! Please make sure to read the developer documentation on the wiki (see link in the pinned thread).

When you are through with the checklist, we can start looking for a task for you.