Application with a feature to add: AzimuthFE

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
AzimuthFE

Application with a feature to add: AzimuthFE

Post by AzimuthFE »

Hello,
I'm a C/C++ coder who only discovered openMW. After reading the guidelines I have put together a new feature: the ability to see how many skill increases have been gained per attribute since the last level up (e.g. gaining 2 spear levels with show 'Endurance: 2' in the level progress tooltip). There is also an option to the launcher to toggle it. Unfortunately I am new to open-source collaboration and don't know how to add a new branch to the GitLab repository (using git push origin tells me I am not allowed to add code).

I would love to join the team if you guys would have me.
lysol

Re: Application with a feature to add: AzimuthFE

Post by lysol »

Welcome! I take it you found the Development Checklist then? I guess psi, capo, akortunov or anyoldname3 could help you out with the gitlab stuff.

Neat feature! My guess is unfortunately that a merge request with that feature will not be accepted since there is a new scripting system in the planning stage that will allow for such implementations. But I could be wrong though, I'm not a dev myself.

If you use discord and/or matrix and want to chat over there, just send me a PM and I'll give you an invite link to the OpenMW-related channels. It's supposed to be a complement to the forums, but it is kind of more active overe there now.
AzimuthFE

Re: Application with a feature to add: AzimuthFE

Post by AzimuthFE »

Thanks! My username on Discord is the same as here if you could send me an invite.
Pity about the attribute thing. Oh well, guess I'll get to enjoy the functionality a little early :D In any case I'm looking forward to working with everyone!