Application: Mrhatkat

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
mrhatkat

Application: Mrhatkat

Post by mrhatkat »

Hi everyone,

I'm a recent college graduate with a degree in Computer Engineering and too much free time. I've worked with the Unity game engine for 3 years and have experience with OpenGl and C,C++, and C#. I'd like to add VR support to the project, either using OpenVr or OpenXR, but I am more than willing to work on other parts of the project. Can anyone point me to some tasks that need doing or if anyone wants an extra hand with what they're working on, I'd love to help.

Sincerely, Mrhatkat
lysol

Re: Application: Mrhatkat

Post by lysol »

A warm welcome!

Be sure to check the Developer Checklist on how to get started if you haven't already.

You're also welcome to join us on the irc channel (link above in the main menu on this site). There's also a discord server if you use that. You can get a link if you ask on the irc if you're interested. The irc channel communicates with the discord server via bots, so you can chat with the people on discord too even if you're only on the irc channel.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The first step to getting VR working would probably be adding OpenXR support to OpenSceneGraph. If that's what you want to help with, that would be a good first step.
mrhatkat

Post by mrhatkat »

I'll have to look into that. Are we not able to use OpenVR due to licensing issues?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Basically, yes, although they might not be entirely real.