Looking to improve animations

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
MiroslavXO

Re: Looking to improve animations

Post by MiroslavXO »

Working in Blender is out of the question, since I have no clue how to even navigate in that app, and I have no desire to learn it at all. I can use Max instead of Maya what I do, and I need Max only for exporting files because I animate in Motionbuilder.

These days I was looking into this stuff, and I have found that working with vanilla mesh and skeleton is the best option, because other replacements have bad skinning.

But of course I found another problem, and that is the last step in improving animations. For some reason Max is not exporting .kf file with vanilla version, and I don't know why which is strange because I can export .kf with better bodies.

Here is .max 2012 file https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mo0p51seib5g ... t.rar?dl=0

If anyone know how to export this file as .kf (animation data) let me know, because I am only getting .nif with vanilla skeleton. Also renaming .nif into .kf it's not gonna work, and same goes for opening .nif in Nisfscope and saving it as .kf. I need for Max to export it.

Users that know how to work in Blender can also try to export it as .kf.

Ty.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I had the exact same problem with 3Ds Max not exporting kfs, so I uninstalled moved onto Blender. Anyway, the first solution that comes to mind is:

1. Export as nif from 3ds max.
2. Import nif to blender 2.49B
3. Export nif+xnif+kf from Blender 2.49B.

Here´s my guide on how to install Blender 2.49B and the necessary nif plugins: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3330
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Yes that's exactly what I need nif+xnif+kf, I mean I only need kf but when exporting correctly I get does two nif also with better bodies for example, but not with vanilla skeleton.

I'm gonna check that installation on Tuesday because I'm currently on some deadlines.
Here is nif and kf for Blender, can you try yourself to export it, so that I know for sure that it is working with Blender.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k9ay19kkzp4y ... f.rar?dl=0
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Wait, I thought you couldn´t get the kf, so how come you´re giving me the kf as well? I was expecting a .nif with model + animations.
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Does two fails are from vanilla Morrowind .bsa.

Nif contains vanilla skeleton and hand mesh (without any animation) in T pose that I need to import first, and when I do on top of that I import vanilla .kf xbase_anim.1st that contains all of the 1st person animation data, so that skeleton pick up all animation.
After that I send .fbx to Motionbuilder to work, and when I'm done I send back to Max to export, but as you already know it is not exporting .kf file no matter what options I pick.

Importing .kf is not a problem, exporting is.
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Did you try it, is it working with Blender?
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I need a nif that contains model+animations to try.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

What kind of experiment are you running here, sending me what looks like a normal clannfear nif? I thought you were doing body animations. Anyway, here are your nif+xnif+kf. If you simply wanted to know if exporting as nif+xnif+kf works, then I could have said yes.

http://www.filedropper.com/clannfear
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

I send that just for testing because I could not export body .nif with animation from Max. I'm gonna check Blender exporting today afternoon probably.