Application: grot

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
grot

Application: grot

Post by grot »

Howdy,

I'm interested in contributing. It will probably take me a little while to get up to speed, and I'll probably start with looking at the issues on the tracker/submitting a few patches.

Thanks for creating this great forum.

I just launched morrowind with openmw and wow - it's fantastic!

The only area in which I might be able to contribute more than the average person would be math-related features. However, considering you already have programmers, I'd imagine they're capable of anything such as that.
Zini

Re: Application: grot

Post by Zini »

Welcome. Make sure to go through the new contributer checklist (linked in a pinned thread here in this forum). Let me know if you need help picking a task. Bug fixing might be an option. Or you could help out with the CS.
grot

Post by grot »

Thanks for the welcome!

I am actually pretty interested in working on the CS, actually. My brother and have been huge fans since Daggerfall; I'd like to get him involved in the project - and I'm sure he'd contribute - but he's more of an arts guy. So working on the CS would allow me to collaborate more with him.

I couldn't find a roadmap for the CS though - is there a seperate one?
maqifrnswa

Post by maqifrnswa »

grot wrote:Thanks for the welcome!

I am actually pretty interested in working on the CS, actually. My brother and have been huge fans since Daggerfall; I'd like to get him involved in the project - and I'm sure he'd contribute - but he's more of an arts guy. So working on the CS would allow me to collaborate more with him.

It's in with the main project tasks, they are labelled "Editor: " A bunch of those are qt related that might be easier to start
grot

Post by grot »

maqifrnswa wrote:
grot wrote:Thanks for the welcome!

It's in with the main project tasks, they are labelled "Editor: " A bunch of those are qt related that might be easier to start
Thanks, I'll look at those. I also just noticed the 'Editor Development' subforum.