I want to help

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
sjek

Re: I want to help

Post by sjek »

in block lits with right clicking on trinishape for exp. blocks -> insert -> trit -> texturingproperty

or nodes -> attach property -> texturing gives it directly to wanted tree
lamart

Post by lamart »

I have do that but the texture is not display..
Attachments
sword.7z
My nif
(16.08 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
sjek

Post by sjek »

got it working ^^

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/8698/?

it needs dds file format to texturing and with that dds 2 converter got them to load. original picture needs to be resolutions

256x256; 512x512; 1024x1024... to work. otherwise gives not in power of two error.

500 pizels outh to be good for forum images...
lamart

Post by lamart »

The format texture must be dds ? only that?
sjek

Post by sjek »

for the time being. don't know how much coding different format supports include or here are ready made solutions but basically this engine converts dds's along with nifs to ogre formats.

basically there seems to be possibility
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... le+Formats

question is how the image is loaded into game and the code itself supporting different features. for good hope it would be the texture info atop of meshes with external UV coordinates which would lead to kinda easy implementation.

it's matter of coding it in and as before time is passed and know more about 1.0 release time (there's optimisation after featurecompleteness brushing the code to fine tune + not knowing when exactly ogre 2.0 comes reworking the scene managers and such, otherwise it would have been implemented reckon) there's few people who really know the codebase for really make changes without braking it majorly it takes time. welcome to know the codebase anyway :)

or it's would be kinda easy to write some simple wrapper for newer file format altogether .p
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1989&start=40

personally i don't know about the code much about the heck of things so not good to say
build is only left on mygui here. then it's seeing does python scripting work on windows

that's why it would be good to save the original files. the showcase can basically support anything what it's implemented when it come out near 1.0 or after it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2521&p=28371 there's some better answers

still then it's playing and modding and bugfixing implementations by playing and modding :D

so where would be good place to start the support for newer files features ?)
sjek

Post by sjek »

and btw if you like blender 2.7 there's portable version of 2,49 http://www.graphicall.org/697
that works good on this end. looks kinda 2.7 version althought their movement from python 2 to 3 caused kinda shapeshift

about.
"The software provided here is uploaded by volunteers. GraphicAll.org does not check every build for legitimacy or safe of use. GraphicAll.org is not responsible for any harm caused by the site or the use of the software
You should never use sensitive passwords or data anywhere in the site or log in system. Consider any information you enter into the site to be public domain
GraphicAll.org accepts only open source software to be uploaded. However if a user uploads or posts copyrighted or illegal material it is his or her responsibility"
lamart

Post by lamart »

Oh it's good that python is in blender but I am lazzy for download that... :)

So, I have assign to me mesh some texture in the format dds, look at the attachment file.
Attachments
sword.7z
(16.05 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
sjek

Post by sjek »

can't see without the imagefiles or picture but for the fer.dds that's ready to import to game .p

do you want it to be holded or just static item .?

static item goes creating new static in CS and choosing the art (model) file. the texture is applied as that previous.

creating the sword would suggest choosing one sword from the game to have modified ready stats (edit and change the name + art file and try to save - asks for creating a new one)
or create totally new one choosing the art file and dmg and such.
(don't know yet would this work as the bone to play the animation is needed in the model)

place in the world and choose the named plugin and hit play :) that's might work with OpenCS also when you can jump right into game from camera position
lamart

Post by lamart »

sjek wrote:can't see without the imagefiles or picture
What picture?
sjek

Post by sjek »

for the color on the sword. with only nif file it's white. they are not baked to model file as far as the engine goes. like those chestplates in your armor or that godzilla

dunno thought how it converted also textures to pauldrons

did you have textures selected from folders .? that could make it