* Shorting our dev/release cycle to either 4 to 6 months.
* De-coupling OpenMW-CS from OpenMW; we shouldn't unnecessarily delay release of OpenMW 1.0 in waiting for OpenMW-CS to 'catch-up' in terms of usability.
* Roadmapping future; path to 1.0
Below are things currently talked about are:
* Working through existing 1.0 related issues https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/issu ... name=1.0
* Lighting issues has become more noticeable; there is a WIP branch that needs love
* Fading of assets instead of popping for Object Paging
* Further work on NIF support
* Collada support either native or via osgAnimation (perhaps worked on in 0.47 but won't be ready until 0.48)
* Basic Lua support (perhaps worked on in 0.47, but won't' be ready until 0.48)
* UI/UX fixes
* (need to hear back form those working on this)
I've recently had talk with TR people about their 'wishlist' and they pointed to this little bit here:
https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/about/f ... goalopenmw
Perhaps we can't do much about #1, but perhaps things such as per-cell water levels in exteriors, that we can cover ground there.Q: Will Tamriel Rebuilt become OpenMW-exclusive?
Possibly, but not anytime soon.
Several possible scenarios exist when such a move would be seriously considered:
- The file size of our mod becomes too large for the Morrowind executable to handle, when even splitting it into several files no longer works,
- OpenMW becomes the overwhelming standard engine to play Morrowind in,
- OpenMW reaches features parity with MWSE-Lua and adds additional killer features (such as per-cell water levels in exteriors)