OpenMW 0.47.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW 0.47.0

Post by Ace (SWE) »

And finally gotten the RC3 build for OpenMW - along with deps - uploaded.
COLLADA took a while to fight, luckily there were some prebuilts I could fall back on, with the caveat that there are now a few more DLLs included due to dependencies.

Don't have any dae files on hand, so no idea if it'll work or not, but the plugin at least seems to load without throwing any error.

OpenMW-0.47.0-RC3-win64.exe

The new multithreaded Bullet package is here - with the caveat that the folder contained again follows the archive name so the before_script might need to be updated
The new OSG package is here (with syms), having been updated with the dae plugin among others. Will also need an update of the before_build script if we want to include dae support in regular builds as well - and also libpng.dll is now libpng16.dll
Lamoot

Post by Lamoot »

Ace (SWE) wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 20:26 Don't have any dae files on hand, so no idea if it'll work or not, but the plugin at least seems to load without throwing any error.
I get an error when trying to load the Template with RC3 on windows. It says there's no loader for dae files. I believe Atahualpa had a similar problem when he was testing the Template with his own Windows builds about a month ago.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Lamoot wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 12:19
Ace (SWE) wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 20:26 Don't have any dae files on hand, so no idea if it'll work or not, but the plugin at least seems to load without throwing any error.
I get an error when trying to load the Template with RC3 on windows. It says there's no loader for dae files. I believe Atahualpa had a similar problem when he was testing the Template with his own Windows builds about a month ago.
On the other hand, I get this error message, which doesn't say there's no loader for dae files. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png For me it says osgSim.dll is missing when I try to load cells that have .dae files. When I launch the game, it gives the same message immediately as I start a new game. Probably because I'm starting in the example suite island where we have .dae files.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

Installing RC3 breaks my Visual C++ packages for some reason. I have to repair them from VC_redist.64.exe in order for the RC3 (and all my other OpenMW installations) to work properly again.

Aside from that, it looks like multithreaded bullet is working (no warning in openmw.log when using >1 threads), so that's nice.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Same here. Btw it looks like collada loading is fixed with windows rc3 now.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Guessing that 0.47 is going to need some modification of the build scripts, plenty more DLLs to include for the COLLADA support after all.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

"The osgSim library is a NodeKit that extends the core scene graph to support nodes and drawables that specific to the visual simulation, such a navigational light point support and OpenFlight style degrees of freedom transform."

I don't think we make use of osgSim in linux nor mac, so I'm not why this is required at all?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Both osgAnimation and osgSim are used by OSG's dae plugin. So if OpenMW is intended to have a COLLADA support via OSG plugin, we need to provide its dependencies.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Then yes, it would mean that the OSG provided in the linux generic build does not have collada support: no dae nor sim found in RC3.

@k1ll can you provide updated packages please?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Probably we should modify CMakeLists.txt to pack these libraries rather than ask maintainers to do it manually.