OpenMW 0.47.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW 0.47.0

Post by psi29a »

halcyon wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 01:58 The macOS rc4 still crashes on my system (a 2018ish MacBook running OS 11.4) with "too many open files" while loading mods. Using the "ulimit -n" workaround in the terminal that was linked earlier in this thread had no effect. OpenMW 0.46 runs without problems using the same mod list.
What do you mean with crash? Do you mean just won't start? Or that it gives you a crash dump?

With or without mods? How many mods? Perhaps you can narrow it down to a specific mod?

I do not have this issue and I'm also running 11.4; to be fair I'm not an MacOS expert here and do not wish to be. :lol:

@corristo, do you have any idea what's going on here?
halcyon

Post by halcyon »

By crash I mean that while loading mods, before reaching the main menu, the game quits to desktop with a "Fatal Error" message box (and final log entry in openmw.log) stating "Error: failed to open [path to last plugin that attempted to load] for reading: too many open files." The specific plugin involved varies, and disabling one just leads to crashing with the same message while loading another.

EDIT: The RC runs fine with just Morrowind.esm enabled. An error that I noted originally with that setup was due to my original data files having somehow become corrupted. Still getting the "too many open files" error when using a full set of mods (about 160 plugins), however.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Got a Flatpak RC5 done this time using the Flathub beta branch, the flatpakref can be found here - should be a one-click install if you have something like Gnome Software or KDE Discover installed.
You can also use the terminal to install it;

Code: Select all

$ flatpak install --user https://flathub.org/beta-repo/appstream/org.openmw.OpenMW.flatpakref
Note that you may have to run it through the terminal in order to launch the right version, depending on how your system is set up.

Code: Select all

$ flatpak run org.openmw.OpenMW//beta
Also note that COLLADA support isn't in the build at this moment, though that will be fixed as soon as I've had a bit of time to look at it.
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

Linux generic targz package RC5:

64 Bit
docent27

Post by docent27 »

RC5 for Windows will be?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

There were more fixes merged into the release branch since RC5 commenced so there'll be an RC6 either way. Be patient.
HelloWorld

Post by HelloWorld »

Hello, dears! I'm openmw user since 0.45.0 version. It is cool! I use it with Full Rest plugins of _AL_.
How to get 0.47.0 RC5 for Windows x86_64?
Linux is cool but Windows is stil more popular for games.

I also use save\load abuse to get better loot from Balmora boxes (enchated rings, weapon, etc). AND i feel that openmw 0.47.0 is slower than 0.46.0 which i have along on my windows 8.1. When I load F9 then i see message (build navigation mesh) in load screen. I guess this is new feature that allow to move NPC more freely on gorund and build its route as it wants. But building navigation mesh feature is slow down quickload process (more time demanding, and i feel it exactly when i play in 0.47 rather than 0.46). I hope it was noticed and fixed in RC5-6 or I can try to describe it more detailed to help fix.

Sorry for my bad grammar, I'm not native eng speaker.
Last edited by HelloWorld on 18 Jul 2021, 16:59, edited 3 times in total.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Ace hasn't got around to building RC5 yet and then it became evident that we'll need an RC6 anyway, so it's less of a rush. Different people make the RCs for different platforms, and it's just a matter of when they've got some free time that determines which happen when.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Please stop editing your post. Every time you do it disappears until a moderator approves your edit.