OpenMW 0.47.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
K1ll

Re: OpenMW 0.47.0

Post by K1ll »

Linux generic targz package RC8:

64 Bit
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Got an RC8 build up for the Flatpak package as well, living on the beta branch on Flathub.

You can download it either from the beta repo or directly from the flatpakref.
(Feeding the flatpakref url into flatpak install works just fine, if you don't have a store application that handles them for you.
unelsson

Post by unelsson »

I don't think this is a real problem, but when running openmw-cs with custom-built OSG 3.6 and using RC8, I get the warning

Code: Select all

Warning: dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_glsl.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
Everything runs fine though, and no errors on openmw engine, and also openmw-cs works as expected.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

unelsson wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 11:16 I don't think this is a real problem, but when running openmw-cs with custom-built OSG 3.6 and using RC8, I get the warning

Warning: dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_glsl.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
Everything runs fine though, and no errors on openmw engine, and also openmw-cs works as expected.
osgdb_glsl plugin is to parse GLSL shaders from files and it is not even linked to OpenMW. Probably it is used by Collada plugin for some specific functions which are not used in our use cases. Also you did not post an actual error message.
unelsson

Post by unelsson »

akortunov wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 13:08
unelsson wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 11:16 I don't think this is a real problem, but when running openmw-cs with custom-built OSG 3.6 and using RC8, I get the warning

osgdb_glsl plugin is to parse GLSL shaders from files and it is not even linked to OpenMW. Probably it is used by Collada plugin for some specific functions which are not used in our use cases. Also you did not post an actual error message.

Yeah, it occurs when reading collada files. The actual error is:

/usr/local/lib/osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_glsl.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK5osgDB12ReaderWriter16acceptsExtensionERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Looks like a mismatched version of the plugin and OSG.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Yes, more likely that custom-built OSG tries to use plugins from system one.
Moromaster

Post by Moromaster »

Bug: If you rest with a timed active effect, you remain affected for the duration of rest.

Repro:

1. Cast 'fire damage' on self, 1 second duration, 1 damage.
2. Immediately sleep.
3. Die upon waking.

This reproduces consistently.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Where are we tracking the status of the following:
1. Release Video production (I think the best place to follow this so far has been the discord channel, just checking that's the only place)
2. The changelist
3. The writing of the "Release Post" incorporating the above.

If they're not already, can we start tracking those items on GitLab in the milestones for each release? The version milestone isn't correct if those aren't done yet.

For example, 0.47's milestone's on GitLab is 100% complete, which would lead you to believe it's finished. However, the non-coding/non-engineering legwork for the release, such as the Release Post/changelist/video, aren't done yet.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

CHANGELOG.md for 0.47 appears to be complete, or is that not what you mean with changelist ?