Morrowind's 10th Anniversary

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Morrowind's 10th Anniversary

Post by ElderTroll »

I'm trying to get IGN to write an article on Morrowind's 10th anniversary and how a decade later projects like OpenMW and Morrowind Graphical Overhaul are working to keep it fresh and alive. Please visit the forum and vote yes! http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/morro ... 250137874/

Hircine: You guys only need to edit your first post in order to change the title. :)
AlienCat

Re: OpenMW 10th anniversary

Post by AlienCat »

Wow, have you worked with OpenMW in 10 years?
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

I was going to suggest that. Registered on IGN just to vote :)..
Also, maybe it's a better idea to suggest it to Kotaku, as they do like 10 news per day anyway so maybe they are more willing to do it.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

AlienCat wrote:Wow, have you worked with OpenMW in 10 years?
The title is misleading. The anniversary is Morrowind's, not OpenMW's.

ElderTroll, the bit about Tamriel Rebuilt on that webpage is incorrect. The Tamriel Rebuilt team is only making Morrowind's mainland, not the entire continent. It used to be the whole continent, but they long ago scaled it back.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Alright, someone with admin rights should change the title. That's was an oversight. Also, I'll edit the bit about Tamriel Rebuilt.
Necrod

Re: Morrowind's 10th Anniversary

Post by Necrod »

Well, this was nice
http://kotaku.com/5905585/morrowind-rea ... c-didnt-it
that's why I don't like mods that add more music
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I have one problem with morrowind ost. It's short. Incredible pleasant to listen, full of joy but just not long enough. :/

I always put a few more tracks into the music folder, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EFJsCaY0hc
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Chris

Post by Chris »

Yeah, I prefer Daggerfall's music, too (particularly Dan Goodale's and Robert Hood's remixes). Morrowind's is nice, but Daggerfall's is way more fitting. One of the things I'm looking forward to with OpenMW is being able to define music on a much more situational basis (depending on time of day, weather, place, etc), as opposed to just "explore" and "battle".
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Chris wrote:Yeah, I prefer Daggerfall's music, too (particularly Dan Goodale's and Robert Hood's remixes). Morrowind's is nice, but Daggerfall's is way more fitting. One of the things I'm looking forward to with OpenMW is being able to define music on a much more situational basis (depending on time of day, weather, place, etc), as opposed to just "explore" and "battle".
Well actually someone already made a mod that defines it by region and such.