OpenMW 0.46.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
akortunov

Re: OpenMW 0.46.0

Post by akortunov »

Tobias44 wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 09:31 However when I press W, A, S or D key for longer than a second, my character auto-walks non-stop in that direction.
Check if this behaviour is OpenMW-specific. There is possibility that there is something wrong with your keyboard settings on Linux.
Tobias44

Post by Tobias44 »

Thanks for the quick reply. however nothing worked so far.

"To fix the libpng12 problem you can just download the libpng12 deb package, extract it with your favourite archive manager and put the libpng12.so* files into the lib directory of the openmw generic build folder."
Still getting the error message "libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". I do not get the error message in OpenMW 0.45 Linux binary by the way.

Regarding auto-walk problem:
"Check if this behaviour is OpenMW-specific. There is possibility that there is something wrong with your keyboard settings on Linux."
Checked OpenMW 0.45 and it worked fine under KDE with the same openmw.cfg and settings.cfg files, hence it seems not the problem. Might be related to the new navigation mesh-based AI pathfinding, that it interferes with walking. Oblivion under Wine with Mod Organizer works also fine. Any other ideas?
Tobias44

Post by Tobias44 »

Update to the auto-walk problem:

I installed OpenMW 0.46 from the Debian repository with apt-get install and do no have any auto-walk problem. I only walk as long as I press the W, A, S or D key. This means the OpenMW 0.46 Linux binary is broken for me, lthough I would have preferred to use the Linux binary.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Just pushed the 0.46.0 Windows package to Chocolatey as well, got delayed due to some breakages in my normal pipeline.
Should be available from there to within a day or two depending on how the verification goes.

Forgot to also mention that the Flatpak has been updated to 0.46.0 as well - along with updated deps and a newer platform, did that just after the release tag.