Post 1.0 Plans

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
erretel

Re: Post 1.0 Plans

Post by erretel »

1- Some people like more immersive, minimalist interfaces, while others prefer more complex, informative ones. Different people like different kinds of UI. An highly customizable UI would allow for both persons to have their needs met.

2- No access to UI modification doesn't necessarily lead to mods having more immersive interfaces, in fact is the opposite. Many mods I have tried end up having to over-rely on messageboxes in pretty clunky way. Access to the UI could mean more vanilla like mods, in the sense of mods for features that FEEL as if they were vanilla in the first place.

3- Although I do like Morrowind's vanilla UI, I've know of several people refusing to play the game citing the menus as one of the reasons to not doing so. Mods that would alter significantly the UI could mean higher accessibility and popularity for both Morrowind and OpenMW.
Stomy

Re: Post 1.0 Plans

Post by Stomy »

I'd like to make a few suggestions on the Music section to make it a bit more versatile
  1. Music Directory should also be allowed to appear more than once per playlist
  2. Music Directory should have a "recursive" switch to indicate if it recursively includes subdirectories, default is true
  3. Perhaps Playlists should have another optional field type to include other playlists?
  4. A Playlist with no titles, no directories, and no other playlists means "don't play music"
  5. Locational records should have fields for both Combat Playlist and Background Playlist, both of which should be able to specify a track, a playlist, or a script (automatically defers back up the location chain if the script does not start or queue a new song, just as if the field were empty)
    - EDIT: Actually it would make more sense to just run the script and move on, triggering it again only if a song ends or we move to a different location with a playlist. That gives some more options as to what can be in the script.
  6. The Background Music functions should have a "queue" field to indicate that the provided track/playlist should start after the current background track finishes. The queue is only one element long, latest queued element wins, and running the function with queue=false clears the queued element as well as replacing the current track