OpenMW 0.45.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.45.0

Post by raevol »

Sounds good. We're still waiting on the OSX release package?
onionland

Post by onionland »

Ravenwing wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 19:50 If at all possible, today would be a good day to release, as Morrowind is free for today only for the 25th anniversary of TES. Might be worth mentioning in the post if we release early enough.
It's available until the end of march actually, so we can still catch that train.
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

There are few days left and I think that you're missing a GREAT opportunity: when websites like Phoronix will release the news of version 0.45 being released along with a free copy of the game you will gains lots of new users. Don't let this opportunity go away, just release it.
Ferk

Post by Ferk »

It might be a bit late for that already but I can imagine some websites could have combined both news in the same article which would have helped ride the wave and raise a lot of attention. There are non-Morrowind-centric websites that might not find it worthy to talk about the OpenMW 0.45 release by itself but who might consider mentioning it in their article about the Morrowind giveaway.

If the only thing blocking it is OSX builds, personally I would have already made the announcement anyway and just indicate that OSX builds will come at a later time. It wouldn't be the first time something like this is done.
corristo

Post by corristo »

raevol

Post by raevol »

Dun dun dun.

Guys, I am in class right now, and have a take-home exam that is consuming all of my attention today and tomorrow. Friday I am gone all day on a trip. I should be able to do the release Saturday night.

If someone wants to jump in and do it before then, please feel free. This is the script I use to produce the HTML and BBCode formats: https://github.com/mickeylyle/openmwreleasescript but note that it isn't perfect and you may have to clean it up by hand.

Can't wait for this semester to be over.
testman
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/testman42

Post by testman »

This is the result of your script.

Edit: o fug, I didn't even check. The file in there are release notes for 0.29 :oops: Will update the gist to be for actual 0.45.0 release.

Edit 2: I am told that release announcement is in good hands, that it will be taken care of very well 👍
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

And it's up.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Yup. Raevol, you've been doing a great job with the releases. Releasing is a quite time consuming thing that you could easily fuck up. And I only did like 10 % of the job now. Good luck with your exams! :)
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

Shadows are not yet re-implemented
I think we should add "although they are already in git master and will be released in version 0.46.0. Grab a nightly build if you want to test it out!"