OpenMW 0.44.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Atahualpa

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by Atahualpa »

And here's the link to the WIP editor video:

>>> WIP Editor Video <<<

Subtitles and thumbnails are still missing.

OpenMW-CS_0-44-0_Script_English.txt
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
lysol

Post by lysol »

Great job as usual. Thanks for doing these.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Nice job! :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

OpenMW video:

- One mistake at around 2:20: You said settings.ini file. But the file name is settings.cfg.
- The statement of only one login isn't quite correct. Forum is still separate from GitLab and will stay that way.

Editor video:

- Land texture editing: You state that the user can only drag textures from the asset texture table and that further methods to achieve this will be added later. Both statements are wrong. You can also drag land textures from the land texture table (World->Land Textures) and we don't have any plans to expand on this feature. We do have plans for directly applying textures without using the brush, but that is a separate feature.

Except for these points, great videos! That rat thing was funny. I spilled my tea. You owe me a new keyboard btw.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Zini wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 11:46 - One mistake at around 2:20: You said settings.ini file. But the file name is settings.cfg.
Damn it.
Zini wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 11:46 - The statement of only one login isn't quite correct. Forum is still separate from GitLab and will stay that way.
Of course there is a separate forum login, but isn't that clear anyway?
Zini wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 11:46 - Land texture editing: You state that the user can only drag textures from the asset texture table and that further methods to achieve this will be added later. Both statements are wrong. You can also drag land textures from the land texture table (World->Land Textures) and we don't have any plans to expand on this feature. We do have plans for directly applying textures without using the brush, but that is a separate feature.
Okay, I got that wrong. Fix in progress.
Zini wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 11:46 Except for these points, great videos! That rat thing was funny. I spilled my tea. You owe me a new keyboard btw.
:D
Zini

Post by Zini »

but isn't that clear anyway?
That is kinda subjective.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Zini wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 12:24
but isn't that clear anyway?
That is kinda subjective.
Okay, I'll fix that. - If you don't charge me for your keyboard! :P
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Okay, the videos are fixed. I'll upload them once blender has finished rendering.

For my part, these videos will be final - subtitles and thumbnails already exist. The only thing missing are German subtitles, but since I'm on holiday for the next two weeks, there is little chance of finishing them within a reasonable time frame.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

The release video looks great!
This optional feature was modelled after the corresponding Morrowind Code Patch option and drastically decreases the value of filled soul gems.
Maybe indicate somehow that the Morrowind Code Patch is a popular, but unofficial fan project? I don't know that everyone is familiar with it.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Thunderforge wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 15:03 Maybe indicate somehow that the Morrowind Code Patch is a popular, but unofficial fan project? I don't know that everyone is familiar with it.
See axiom 2. - No, seriously: I'm sorry Thunderforge, but I'm technically on holiday since yesterday (which I am obviously not), so I'll refuse any cosmetic changes.

Updated links for the videos:

>>> Engine Video <<<
>>> Editor Video <<<

Axiom 1: One cannot hear if a part of a release video was altered in hindsight.
Axiom 2: A release video contains no mistakes and is never ambiguous.

OpenMW_0-44-0_Script_English.txt
(6.4 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
OpenMW-CS_0-44-0_Script_English.txt
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 160 times