OpenMW 0.41.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Atahualpa

Re: OpenMW 0.41.0

Post by Atahualpa »

Allofich wrote:
stated a 1 second duration for the spell effect
Are you sure? I tried in 0.40.0 but I don't see 1 second duration displayed for potion of cure common disease.
Bad wording. I meant the spell effect indicator not the potion's tooltip (see below).

Edit: Attaching an image is currently broken for me. Anyway:
0. Turn on the "show effect duration" option in your settings file.
1. Get yourself a potion of Cure Disease.
2. Go to your inventory and drink that potion.
3. Hover your mouse cursor over the spell effect indicator.
4. Watch the remaining time which should be "1 s".

Edit 2: Attaching images works again. (Thanks, lgro!)
OpenMW_InstantEffectSpells.png
Zini wrote:Videos are looking good. But didn't we decide to post them in the restricted forum only, so people wouldn't go ahead and share the links before the release?
I decided to post the links here and make clear that they must not be shared. If that positivistic approach fails, we should use the team forums next time.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Are we waiting for an OS X RC4 or did I overlook it? Also we need testing on all RC4s! This should be the last RC before release.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

raevol wrote:Are we waiting for an OS X RC4 or did I overlook it? Also we need testing on all RC4s! This should be the last RC before release.
Yes Corristo released RC4 http://downloads.openmw.org/osx/OpenMW-0.41.0-RC4.dmg

I have done some testing on Mac OS RC4. Everything looks as tight as it can be, excluding the various bugs that have been discovered. I'm satisfied.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Thanks Jyby!!

For our packagers, when you do a final release, do you rebuild? Or do you just rename the RC file we pick and that's the one? Just out of curiosity.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

The build needs to be off the final release tag so that the version shows properly in the launcher.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ah fair enough. Zini did you want me to make that tag? Or did you want to do it? Still getting used to our new process.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Any news regarding the instant spell effects? I want to record the voice-over today and I am still not sure what the fix does.
Atahualpa wrote:
Allofich wrote:
stated a 1 second duration for the spell effect
Are you sure? I tried in 0.40.0 but I don't see 1 second duration displayed for potion of cure common disease.
Bad wording. I meant the spell effect indicator not the potion's tooltip (see below).

Edit: Attaching an image is currently broken for me. Anyway:
0. Turn on the "show effect duration" option in your settings file.
1. Get yourself a potion of Cure Disease.
2. Go to your inventory and drink that potion.
3. Hover your mouse cursor over the spell effect indicator.
4. Watch the remaining time which should be "1 s".

Edit 2: Attaching images works again. (Thanks, lgro!)
OpenMW_InstantEffectSpells.png
Zini

Post by Zini »

raevol wrote:Ah fair enough. Zini did you want me to make that tag? Or did you want to do it? Still getting used to our new process.
That is your job.
sjek

Post by sjek »

Any news regarding the instant spell effects?
that should be it. from memory that effect doesn't show at all without the fix (one frame?) althought cures.

in the other hand is the spell still instant like making 100 pts fire dmg with 0 duration (if possible, isn't in vanilla, MCP)
althought this has been normally done via scripts in effects that allow it.
also doing high dmg ability goes according to vanilla mostly as 1s vs. instant duration isn't making much difference compared to animation times.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

What about:

Code: Select all

Active spell effects are shown as little icons in the lower right corner of your screen, and in the inventory's spell window. However, OpenMW previously ignored instant spell effects, like Cure Common Disease or Cure Posion. Version 0.41 fixes that issue by displaying the spell effect indicator for one second in that case.