OpenMW 0.41.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Atahualpa

Re: OpenMW 0.41.0

Post by Atahualpa »

Thanks for your feedback. I plan to record the voice part again anyway -- this time I spoke louder than usual which caused most of the "p" sounds. And, yeah, more pauses are a good idea.

The WIP OpenMW-CS video is ready too.

>>> https://youtu.be/-Aw06XOiSNc<<<

I already noticed some issues:

Code: Select all

1. You cannot set the health of an NPC to 100000 -- I'll re-record that part later (it's 4 a.m. now and I don't want the police to be part of the upcoming videos. :D ).
2. [0:20] The video should play slower here.
3. [1:59] There is a transition missing.
Here's the corresponding script. Please note that it also contains three obsolete issues (the "nested tables" one and the abovementioned issues which I couldn't reproduce).
OpenMW-CS_0-41-0_Script_English.txt
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

The OpenMW-CS video was great! I was actually kinda sad it was so short... Only suggestion is to consider showing off an interior in one of your filler clips.

Great Job :)
raevol

Post by raevol »

@Atahualpa, if you are thinking of rerecording the normal engine one, you may want to cut the "early Christmas present" line just in case we run a few days late. :shock:
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

I watched the engine video and it was a nice video as always. The description of the instant spell effect fix is a little off, though. It's not that icons are shown now for instant effects, it is that the spells were instant when they should have been one second long. So, you see the icon now for that second.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I really liked the short and sweet video, but I know how time consuming it was. You have a very good attention to detail and your editing skills are great! Thank you! :D
raven

Post by raven »

raevol wrote:
Atahualpa wrote:The WIP version of the engine video is ready. Please do NOT share the video link!
Looks awesome. :) Have you thought about getting a ... I don't know what it's called, but it's a little screen that makes the "P" sound of your voice not explode the mic? It's not a big issue, it's a very common thing, but it would up the professional quality of your voice recordings quite a bit. There's DIY ways to make them too, I think if you even put like a wooden spoon in front of your mouth it blocks the puff of air.

Again, that's a super minor issue, and the video looks great!
A fine mesh strainer would work even better. ;)
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Allofich wrote:I watched the engine video and it was a nice video as always. The description of the instant spell effect fix is a little off, though. It's not that icons are shown now for instant effects, it is that the spells were instant when they should have been one second long. So, you see the icon now for that second.
Hmm... I tested two cases while recording on version 0.40.0: First, I took a potion of Cure Disease in the inventory. This showed the effect indicator in my spell window and stated a 1 second duration for the spell effect. But when I closed my inventory the indicator instantly vanished. For the second test, I used the quick-key menu -- like in the video. The indicator wasn't displayed at all.
This lead me to the conclusion that the issue was with the specific spell effects, not with the time duration. Is it necessary to differentiate between spell effects and the actual spell?
raevol wrote:@Atahualpa, if you are thinking of rerecording the normal engine one, you may want to cut the "early Christmas present" line just in case we run a few days late. :shock:
Are there any issues left? (Apart from the videos.)
raven wrote:A fine mesh strainer would work even better. ;)
Might try that. :lol:
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

stated a 1 second duration for the spell effect
Are you sure? I tried in 0.40.0 but I don't see 1 second duration displayed for potion of cure common disease.
This lead me to the conclusion that the issue was with the specific spell effects, not with the time duration.
Well in this case it's not possible to set a duration for these effects when creating a spell (in vanilla, at least). Open the "cure common disease" spell in the TES Construction Set and you will see it has a grayed out 1 for duration that can't be changed. I think I checked and you can't change it in the spellmaker in the game either. For this fix I just set it so that spells will get a duration of 1 if they don't have a duration that can be changed and set these spells to no longer be treated by OpenMW as instant so that they would use the duration.
Zini

Post by Zini »

raevol wrote:
Zini wrote:Good point. I fixed the changelog and added a comment to the issue on the tracker.
The changelog entry I have for that is "- OpenMW-CS: Disabled nested tables in subviews are now scrollable"

Should I update that?
Yes. Please.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Videos are looking good. But didn't we decide to post them in the restricted forum only, so people wouldn't go ahead and share the links before the release?