OpenMW 0.40.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Atahualpa

Re: OpenMW 0.40.0

Post by Atahualpa »

Oh, I just arrived at home, went to our home page -- and found no release post. :cry: It seems we are a bit overdue this time. ;)

Anyway, @raevol: I can take care of the YouTube videos now. Do you plan to post the release announcement today?
raevol

Post by raevol »

Hey all- sorry everything in life is happening at the same time for me right now. I should be able to do the release tomorrow or later tonight. If scrawl or psi29a see this and I could bother one of you to do the package uploads I would be immensely appreciative.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Uploaded osx and linux builds, waiting for validated windows builds before uploading to github release.
MrAnonGuy

Post by MrAnonGuy »

Testing out the Linux_x64 version on Fedora 24. OpenMW seems snappy and looks great. So far, the only issue for me is that my preview window on the load dialogue screen is blank. :(

I'll compile from source when I get a chance.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Ace (SWE) wrote:Openmw 0.40.0 Windows builds:

32-bit
64-bit

Note that I haven't gotten to test these yet, done remotely on my way to work.
Guess I'll throw this up again then, they work for me but that's only partially helpful since I did the builds.
DestinedToDie seemed to have no problem with the 64-bit version.
MiroslavXO also seemed to be able to run the 64-bit version though reported an issue with OSG being outdated, which will be fixed by 0.41.0 and on the new nightlies once I get working builds out of there.
Not going to upgrade the current builds to that though, switching both compiler and dependency versions between RC and release feels like A Bad Idea™.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Seems to work for me, too.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Speaking of Bad Ideas (tm), I've created new OSG builds and uploaded it to the PPA. They are based on the Debian experimental package, but with one big difference, it includes Scrawl's stutter/jitter fix. I also debianized the patch and sent it downstream. OpenMW builds based on this new OSG build are now being built.
MrAnonGuy

Post by MrAnonGuy »

I'm experiencing some strange anomalies with water reflection in V0.40. Anyone else seeing this? Here are some screen captures:
wateranom1.jpg
wateranom2.jpg
wateranom3.jpg
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

So far, the only issue for me is that my preview window on the load dialogue screen is blank
I'm experiencing some strange anomalies with water reflection in V0.40
Seems like the build you are using is missing the png/jpeg image plugin libraries.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ace (SWE) wrote:
Ace (SWE) wrote:Openmw 0.40.0 Windows builds:

32-bit
64-bit

Note that I haven't gotten to test these yet, done remotely on my way to work.
Guess I'll throw this up again then, they work for me but that's only partially helpful since I did the builds.
Sorry if I'm being overly cautious, but these are good to go? From what you say and the following confirmations I am going to guess yes, but I'm just being safe rather than sorry...

Edit: Changelog updated for fatigue issue: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/602e ... /revisions