OpenMW 0.39.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW 0.39.0

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Windows RCs:

32-bit
64-bit
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Ace (SWE) wrote:Windows RCs:

32-bit
64-bit
Seems to work properly.

I just want to say that this is the best release for modders so far. The new camera has a ton of options to move around with, you can now properly move your objects in scenes and make your assets look good with normal maps. Huge steps forward to making OpenMW and OpenMW-CS much preferred over Morrowind engine and CS.
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

Are there any targz packages available for the RC?

*k1ll *hint hint** :P
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

A quick heads-up:
The scripts for both videos are ready, with the engine one already proofread by ElderTroll. (Thanks, man!) I did a first voice track and just finished all video recordings for the engine video. This leaves me with pure editing which I'll finish tomorrow. The editor video should be completed by Friday. Please note that there might be changes to the contents, i.e. the final videos may be ready on Monday (given the fact I'm away over the weekend).

I've encountered the following problems so far:
1. Bug 3142 wasn't reproducible for me in v0.38.0 - which isn't really a problem.
2. Related to Bug 2760/3184: This release solves the combat priority issue for Bacola Closcius in the South Wall Cornerclub but Golden Saints continue to immediately dispel every soul trap spell - and Ian at the Ebonheart Docks now spams offensive spells at my character (which have no effect on my cheated character) and never uses his weapons (Steel Katana / Bow).
3. Related to Bug 3146: The alchemy bug regarding erroneously shown generated effects is only partially solved because the proposed name of the potion still states the unknown effect. That may be a vanilla issue but I didn't have the time to check that out.
4. Related to Bug 3235: It is now possible to make statics and activators trigger effects. I tried that and recognised that the test projectile ("fireball_large") wasn't launched in the player's direction but rather followed the objects orientation. Is that intended? (console command: "cast fireball_large player")
5. Naming an item in the enchantment window and then changing the selected item resets the name to the new item's one. IIRC, this is a vanilla issue as well but definitely worth ironing out.
6."Coc 'Solstheim, Thirsk' " spawns me outside the walls of that interior cell. Just saying.
Last edited by Atahualpa on 06 Apr 2016, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

openmwfan27 wrote:Are there any targz packages available for the RC?

Here they are:

32 Bit
64 Bit
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

K1ll wrote:
openmwfan27 wrote:Are there any targz packages available for the RC?

Here they are:

32 Bit
64 Bit
Thank you k1ll! Three blessings upon you sera.
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

So, i love the new shaders in 0.39, bump maps looks really good but i'm wondering if there's an issue with specular maps or something?

Attached are screenshots of balmora in 0.39 with the following texture pack: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42396/

Everything looks really shiny and the colors seem 'washed out', even at night time the buildings seem to be much lighter then other textures?

On the mod page it mentions using MGE XE for 'a less shiny appearance' so i'm not sure if this has something to do with it.

I don't have a windows box to test stock MW on, do the textures look like this in stock MW without MGE XE?

Is this just a problem with the mod or is it actually a bug?

In the attached screenshots you can see there's a bug with the stairs in balmora, conveniently it shows what everything looks like in 0.38 vs 0.39 in one screenshot.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/U27bl

Eitherway having shader support for bump, specular etc.. maps is awesome, thank you team!! :D
JesseMeyer

Post by JesseMeyer »

^ looks like environment mapping is enabled without being modulated appropriately in the material shader.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

openmwfan27 wrote:Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/U27bl
I´m guessing those are the fake normal maps made for use with MCP, which is why they light so strangely. Since the old engine did not support true normal mapping even with Morrowind Code Patch, there are close to no mods at the moment that use real normal mapping. You could download Lysol´s Vivec Retexture. There were a few normal maps provided by PeterBritt, but don´t know where to download them. I am currently making normal maps for my assets, though it may be a while before I publish anything. OpenMW- Example Suite is supposed to have normal mapped assets.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »