OpenMW 0.37.0 (?)

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
maqifrnswa

Re: OpenMW 0.37.0 (?)

Post by maqifrnswa »

psi29a wrote:Just compiled master with clang, and yes... that is a long compile time. :)

Clang's static analysis found just 2 bugs, fantastic! If these tools are to be believed, our code quality is top notch. ;)
/home/bcurtis/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/essimporter/importer.cpp:54:39: warning: Dereference of null pointer
*(image->data(x,y)+2) = *it++;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
1 warning generated.
/home/bcurtis/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/openmw/mwmechanics/aicombat.cpp:337:13: warning: Value stored to 'weapRange' is never read
weapRange = 150.f;
^ ~~~~~
1 warning generated.
you can save some time, travis builds run scan-build automatically:
https://travis-ci.org/OpenMW/openmw/jobs/70867862
;-)
it's the "allowed build failure" one

:
/home/bcurtis/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/essimporter/importer.cpp:54:39: warning: Dereference of null pointer,
I think you can just assert that it != nullptr before

Code: Select all

std::vector<unsigned char>::const_iterator it = fileHeader.mSCRS.begin();
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Every build I do is with clang now per default. ;)
corristo

Post by corristo »

Finally achieved some progress on the OS X side: I've managed to compile whole project without errors, but linking fails. Investigating.

@scrawl:
Is OpenMW supposed to work with OSG 3.3.* or I should downgrade to 3.2.*?
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

Since the migration to C++11 seems to be delay because of the compilation time problem, is the 0.37 versions till waiting the migration or will it be release before?

The list of Bugs closed and features added in the current 0.37 is really impressive and the last release was 2015-06-05, almost 2 month ago
Zini

Post by Zini »

We will release 0.37.0 when scrawl gives the okay for the OSG port. Everything else is ready.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

With the commit of Today, 0.37.0 is becoming the second bigger release of the OpenMW History (with 145 issues corrected, 0.32 is 3rd with 143).

Only 0.31.0 is still above (with 183 issues corrected)...

This is going to be a awesome.

PS Yes I know, these number are not really meaningful, but still...
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

People should also start wetting themselves over OpenMW-CS... with all the features that are now in place, it has made it possible to begin the OpenMW-Template project! This coming from a complete "modding" newb with zero experience with the original CS and has never ever "finished" the main quest in Morrowind. ;)
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Hahaa. To be honest, I think the template project started a little early (though that's good, because we can find bugs that are tackled better now than in 1.0) for it to be done. For example, we sort of had to ninja the land in by unconventional means. Your average guy is going to wait until that can be done in the intended way.

The real wettening will begin when Open-CS is at least as functional as TES: CS.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

DestinedToDie wrote:The real wettening will begin when Open-CS is at least as functional as TES: CS.
I agree, but that we got something up and running that doesn't crash OpenMW is an accomplishment. Got to start somewhere. ;) The good news, as you said, we're helping to drive development through bug reports and feature requests. This helps create focus and everyone has been a great help!
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Yeah, this is why I'm especially excited about the template project. It's tossing the CS in the deep end and seeing how well it is at swimming. Plus, if it's done by someone with little modding experience, it should also show how "user friendly" it is. Developers tend to have that blind spot, I've noticed - like mothers whose children are always the smartest and prettiest.