OpenMW 0.34.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.34.0

Post by Zini »

Okay. Done. Start building please.

Any news from the OS X OpenCS front?
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

I can confirm the crash, iMac early 2009, OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite. Here is the crash report:
http://pastebin.com/V3Ny8ehE

I was able to open the view of a cell, but I wasn't able to see anything. Maybe it was just a badly chosen cell though. Once I closed the view window the editor crashed. Please let me know if there is anything else I can post.

Edit: OpenMW works fine BTW.

EDIT 2: In case it's relevant, when loading Tribunal or Bloodmoon I get the message "Unsupported record type: SSCR". I get it once for Tribunal and four times for Bloodmoon.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Any way we can fix these before release?

Code: Select all

/media/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/openmw/mwgui/windowbase.cpp:96:10: warning: Called C++ object pointer is null
    if (!mWidget->getAbsoluteCoord().inside(mousePos))
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 warning generated.

/media/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/openmw/mwmechanics/character.cpp:1622:9: warning: Called C++ object pointer is null
        mAnimation->updateEffects(duration);
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 warning generated.

/media/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/openmw/crashcatcher.cpp: In function ‘int cc_install_handlers(int, char**, int, int*, const char*, int (*)(char*, char*))’:
/media/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/openmw/crashcatcher.cpp:409:37: warning: ignoring return value of ‘char* getcwd(char*, size_t)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
         getcwd(argv0, sizeof(argv0));
                                     ^
/media/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/openmw/crashcatcher.cpp: In function ‘void gdb_info(pid_t)’:
/media/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/openmw/crashcatcher.cpp:163:24: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
         system(cmd_buf);
The last bit can be 'covered up' by either setting -Wunused-result or by creating a UNUSED macro and use it sparingly.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Did a quick scan through the list of open bugs and found a couple already fixed ones. As result we now have new items for the changelog: #1684 and #986
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ok I am going to have to comb through these replies and re-work the draft... kinda messy. :( Still no answer about the fullscreen issue. Can a Windows user please test?
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

@Raevol

I will test the bug, but which one are you referring to? Can you link me to the bugtracker, so I know what I am looking for.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

ElderTroll wrote:I will test the bug, but which one are you referring to? Can you link me to the bugtracker, so I know what I am looking for.
http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/1647
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

corristo

Post by corristo »

ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Here's the description to bug #1647
Description

Occurs on both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 (both test machines and openmw are x64). Only happens with Direct3D9 rendering subsystem. 0.31.0 RC1 as well as the current master affected. Does not crash if the game is started on a windowed mode, switch to full screen, then switch back to windowed mode. Steps used to reproduce:

1. start game on full screen mode
2. load a saved game
3. 'esc' select 'video' then select windowed mode
4. select 'return' to normal gameplay (notice at this point that the game is still rendered as if in full screen mode, can't see a window
5. use 'alt-tab' to switch to another window
6. crash
1. I selected d3d9 from launcher
2. loaded a game
3. selected windowed mode. At this point I get the message "This Resolution is not supported in fullscreen mode. Please select another resolution from the list." The area where different resolutions should be is blank. So I can't change into windowed mode.
4. Alt tabbed, no crash, could reselect the openMW window and continue playing.

I did this in both 1080 and 800 x 600. When I switched to 800 x 600 my cursor mostly disappeared, but by alternating between gingerly timed movements and widely swinging my mouse, I was able to navigate to the correct menu and followed and got the same message, "This Resolution is not supported in fullscreen mode. Please select another resolution from the list."

I have no idea if that information helps you.