OpenMW 0.32.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
sandstranger

Re: OpenMW 0.32.0

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 18 Jan 2018, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

raevol wrote:Testing testing. Can people post if they run these packages?
Played for a couple of hours last night with K1ll's 64-bit binary. No problems to report.
Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

Damn, you fixed the "Enchant" bug. No more 100%-success-enchanting... ;)

Ace's RC3 on Win7 is making a good impression. Performance is pretty good by now, especially loading times seem to have decreased. Might only be my imagination, but still. RC3 runs stable, and the save game corruption I've been experiencing regularly with the different builds over the last couple of days seems to be gone, too. That was really nasty...

I found some Cliff Racers spinning in the air while walking round Red Mountain to Zergonipal, but overall everything's pretty fine. Hostile npc's use magic properly now to attack, something they didn't do before, at least to this extent.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Just a heads up, I've had to add libav to our PPA (at least for Precise) so that travis can once again build:
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/2 ... t-55226676

The reason for this is that we've been having issues with platforms that only support ffmpeg or libav. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that libav decided to break away and do their own thing. This left us holding the bag. For those that don't know, these libs are what make music, sounds and video formats possible to playback in OpenMW.

Thanks to cc9cii, we've been able to bridge this and support both, at least for now. This no guarantee that we will support both in the future which doesn't look to good for OpenMW on Debian and Ubuntu until they finally bring ffmpeg back in to their distributions.

If this could be pulled in, we can do another round of RC(4) testing to validate this... mostly on the Debian/Ubuntu side.
vv221

Post by vv221 »

psi29a wrote:This no guarantee that we will support both in the future which doesn't look to good for OpenMW on Debian and Ubuntu until they finally bring ffmpeg back in to their distributions.
It should not be long before ffmpeg comes back into Debian repositories (maybe not for Jessie release though, but we could hope for a backport when it comes into Jessie+1):
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=729203

Hopefully Ubuntu will follow closely.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Looks like everything is working. Tag has been created, Please start the release.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Zini wrote:Looks like everything is working. Tag has been created, Please start the release.
No final RC cycle? ;)

Did you include the libav branch? Without it, there is no Debian release of 0.32
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Windows release builds:
32-bit
64-bit
Zini

Post by Zini »

psi29a wrote: Did you include the libav branch? Without it, there is no Debian release of 0.32
I wasn't aware of that. As far as I can tell this branch isn't ready. We are still having discussions going on about it.

Edit: Also, I can not get that branch to build in its current state (was working before).
marc:~/OpenMW/build$ make
-- Configuring OpenMW...
-- OpenMW version 0.31.0
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:156 (message):
FFmpeg component required, but not found!
Guess I am missing some packages somewhere.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Readme is ready?