OpenMW 0.31.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
HiPhish

Re: OpenMW 0.31.0

Post by HiPhish »

Or for the time being just make some quick & dirty "developer art" as placeholder.
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

What do you need? I can knock some out for you.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

It would be nice if the controls were at least somewhat transparent so we could see the action happening behind them.
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

I'm not sure if that should be handled on the icon side or on the display side; I'm picturing adjustable screen control opacity, so it's probably best if the original icons are in full transparency. Does OpenMW support SVG output?
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 16 Aug 2014, 07:02, edited 3 times in total.
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you want in the buttons in terms of a list of functions? I'm thinking using gray/black/white as my colors, with gray being a sort of inactive and black being active. For instance, I'm picturing a single play/pause icon that is almost identical simply has a black/grey arrow and a black/grey pause bars (because one thing I find I do on Android that I wouldn't necessarily do on PC is toggling my games on and off really quickly when something in the "real world" draws me away), which allows it to be really clear in both forms without a whole lot of issues.

Also, do you want arrows or more traditional d-pad button styled things? I tend to prefer large circular screen controls for those because then there's less of a space between them than on arrows, which may matter depending on whether touch input is mapped by visible area or by a bounding box. Also, do you want super-sleek and abstract, or more OpenMW-ish things?

I've got some mock-ups, but they suck so I'll clean them up and post... eventually. I'm in the middle of four other projects, so hopefully I'll manage to balance my time a little better.