At this rate...

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
HiPhish

Re: At this rate...

Post by HiPhish »

Why would we go so far as to 0.79.0? That would be 49 more releases, and at a rate of one release every two months that would be eight more years of development. It has already been stated that we are very close to version 1.0.0, and that it might happen by the end of this year.
Jyby wrote:For example Mac OS X 10.1 ... 10.2... 10.3 ...
Apple's OS numbering system ist somewhat broken. Up until Mac OS 9 it made sense, then the classic Mac OS was replaced by OS X (still called Mac OS X back then). Since then they kept incrementing the second number, although OS X is not really a new version of OS 9; it's in fact a successor to NeXTSTEP. A numbering system like they use for iOS would be more correct.
Zini

Post by Zini »

There will be no 0.79.0. In fact I would be kinda surprised if we reach 0.40.0.
Rumina

Post by Rumina »

Having watched the progress on OpenMW the last couple years I've been silently taking bets on 0.34.0 being the last release before 1.0 barring any catastrophic issue discoveries. I guess we'll see over the next several months! Im pretty excited :D
ViroGlacia

Post by ViroGlacia »

On the record I think that I'll bet on 0.37.0.