OpenMW 0.30.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.30.0

Post by raevol »

Okulo wrote:Is there a changelog for Nekochan to post along with the release video? Or should one still be written (perhaps from the Roadmap on the bug tracker)?
Changelog is here: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/11eb15b95eefd69a5bae Do we have any known issues that need to be added, or did all of those get fixed?

I need to go get something to eat, then will get on the release.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

By the <pending> WeirdSexy. Heh. Let's see... we've had irrepressible, prodigious, indomitable, mighty... I'm gonna have to go with sonorous, just for the voice in this release vid.

Also, did anyone notice the last line on that changelog?
Feature #1282: Non-faction member crime recognition. - can someone just elaborate on what is going on here? Description is a little cryptic.
Issue says:
If a player is not member of the faction he/she is committing the crime against than neighboring faction members should respond regardless of their alarm level.

Also: Disposition and faction rank should be considered in the isAllowedToUse() function.
In other words: "NPCs not helping fellow faction member when crime is committed against him/her"?
raevol

Post by raevol »

Jyby wrote:Feature #1282: Non-faction member crime recognition

IIRC this is handled correctly. You can take it off the list.
Here was 1282, just forgot to update the announcement. Updating it now.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ok, I'm poised to do the release, but need to questions answered:

1. Are videos still disabled on the Windows release build? I can't tell from the posts here if this was a fixed issue, or if we still have them disabled as a workaround.
2. I usually see the release hit the Ubuntu PPA before I actually post the release. Should I wait for that?

EDIT: Also edited our release process page on the wiki to reflect switching from Google Code to Github: https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... oldid=1273
Last edited by raevol on 28 May 2014, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

raevol, videos seem to be working on Windows just fine.
And I think you should tuck away Okulo's suggestion sonorous for future use :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

Alright, the release is drafted in Github with the packages uploaded, waiting to hear about the PPA.
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

Sorry I've taken so long to post them, but here are the debug files. As I mentioned earlier, the crash occurs when loading a game or starting a new one on DirectX only; OpenGL is functional. The first crash uses my laptop's Intel integrated graphics, which work fine with OpenGL. Unfortunately, I've got some mess-up with my setup, so I'm not having luck running it with my discrete card through the command line.
OpenMWCrash.7z
Ogre.log, launcherOgre.log*, MyGUI.log, and a screenshot of my command prompt used to boot OpenMW. This is using the integrated graphics at the time of the crash. This was using my integrated graphics card.
(71.11 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
And here's the other crash. Only the ogre.log and MyGUI.log here.
nvidia.7z
This is the Nvidia card logs only. No console log, unfortunately, until I get it to persist long enough to get a screenshot.
(9.27 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
This happens with the most recent WHQL Nvidia drivers (337.88) and RC 0.30.0 on a i7-2630QM CPU and a GT540M graphics adapter.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

raevol wrote:Alright, the release is drafted in Github with the packages uploaded, waiting to hear about the PPA.
And I'm still waiting for Debian to accept/upload the packages. ;)
raevol

Post by raevol »

BrotherBrick wrote:And I'm still waiting for Debian to accept/upload the packages. ;)
*fastens seatbelt!*

We should wait for the PPA, amiright? I think this is the first time the release has beat the PPA, so we should wait?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

raevol wrote:
BrotherBrick wrote:And I'm still waiting for Debian to accept/upload the packages. ;)
*fastens seatbelt!*

We should wait for the PPA, amiright? I think this is the first time the release has beat the PPA, so we should wait?
Not really, we had a partial release (for precise but not other releases) because the builder was taking it's time. I wouldn't wait, just say that PPA will come shortly if not already there. Same as with Debian, that it is 'out of our hands'. ;)