OpenMW 0.30.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
scrawl

Re: OpenMW 0.30.0

Post by scrawl »

The version of SDL2 should be the only factor. Maybe you can convince Ace to use the version you are using.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

I'm guessing most people will be on release-2.0.3 (rev. 8627) released a couple of months ago. I'm on rev. 8796 which is a few days old. Had a quick scroll through the commit descriptions but couldn't see anything about Alt-F4.

Actually there were some old entries regarding Alt-F4 (rev 8218) but that would have been fixed by release-2.0.2 (rev. 8297) already. i.e. the issue should be only for those still on 2.0.1.
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

I have some more issues that needs your input.

I leveled my heavy armor skill after taking fall damage - is that the correct behaviour? Technically, it's possible to level up your armor skills just by jumping and falling.

Is saving of PC level already implemented in savegame? I leveled several times, but when loading a save, I always have the level of 1, all stats remains boosted, level progress is also saved, the number is just always one. When looking at the load game dialogue, the game says I am at level 2 for example, although then after loading, it's one. Is this a bug or just uninmplemented stuff?

I was fighting some orcs who used h2h combat, when I noticed strange thing. The warrior was blocking my attacks with her hand, when she died I discovered that she had a shield equipped, although it wasn't rendered due to the h2h animation. This should be corrected, either the block should be disabled during h2h combat, or the shield should be rendered (which would collide with the attack animation).

The world of OpenMW is full of funny situations... :-)
Attachments
Scrib_trio.jpg
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Saving PC level and Scrib duplication ;) are fixed.
I leveled my heavy armor skill after taking fall damage - is that the correct behaviour? Technically, it's possible to level up your armor skills just by jumping and falling.
Oops. Fixed.
block should be disabled during h2h combat
Fixed.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

scrawl wrote:
block should be disabled during h2h combat
Fixed.
Is this correct? I thought you could wear a shield and still punch with weapon hand... (not able to test this, as I'm at work)

ST
edit for clarity
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I checked, equipped shields don't appear when you equip your fists for H2H in Vanilla.
Last edited by Greendogo on 07 Jun 2014, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

Another pile here:

I was executing power (race or birthsign ability), but got interrupted (crushed to the ground), so the spell wasn't cast. After that I was unable to cast the spell that day. The power ability should get depleted after succesful cast.

I got CTD after equipping apprentice lockpick and probe, showing these errors:
err_01.jpg
err_01.jpg (37.17 KiB) Viewed 6899 times
err_02.jpg
err_02.jpg (41.71 KiB) Viewed 6899 times
Also these items cannot be dropped on the ground - the object remains under the cursor.
It might be some issue with MGSO replacers, so I need confirmation on this.

AI is not drinking potions (restore health), is this an unimplemented feature?

Wouldn't it be better to have "Cancel" and "Ok" buttons in loading/saving screen switched? I always get the feeling, that something is wrong that way. I am usually subliminally clicking "Cancel" for confirmation and I believe in some other scenarios the confirmation button is always on the left side, or am I wrong?

I often get hit even while the enemy is currently dying in his death animation. Both from NPCs and creatures.
MithrilLeaf

Post by MithrilLeaf »

Berandas wrote:Another pile here:

I was executing power (race or birthsign ability), but got interrupted (crushed to the ground), so the spell wasn't cast. After that I was unable to cast the spell that day. The power ability should get depleted after succesful cast.

I got CTD after equipping apprentice lockpick and probe, showing these errors:
err_01.jpg
err_02.jpg
Also these items cannot be dropped on the ground - the object remains under the cursor.
It might be some issue with MGSO replacers, so I need confirmation on this.

AI is not drinking potions (restore health), is this an unimplemented feature?

Wouldn't it be better to have "Cancel" and "Ok" buttons in loading/saving screen switched? I always get the feeling, that something is wrong that way. I am usually subliminally clicking "Cancel" for confirmation and I believe in some other scenarios the confirmation button is always on the left side, or am I wrong?

I often get hit even while the enemy is currently dying in his death animation. Both from NPCs and creatures.
Does the apprentice lockpick appear for you in the Census and Excise office?
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

MithrilLeaf wrote:Does the apprentice lockpick appear for you in the Census and Excise office?
Actually, I'm not sure if this is an OpenMW bug per se - I've had this issue using the vanilla executable.
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

Yup, it's a replacer issue. Also it appears to be something wrong with the MGSO glass cuirrass replacer.

EDIT: Also, could the "bc" console command be already implemented? It would be most helpful. ;)