OpenMW 0.29.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
cc9cii

Re: OpenMW 0.29.0

Post by cc9cii »

I'll summarise the changes I made against 0.29 branch. Screenshot seems to work for me?

Or did you mean in-game one?
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Here is the diff against 29 branch:
Spoiler: Show
This helps me compile with MinGW64 compiler. I mention this because these are present in my system when I build/test. All the testing is currently done with msvc-11.0.
Spoiler: Show
The build is still going, I'll report back after testing.

EDIT: openmw-29 branch with above two patches works for me. Tested load/save but otherwise minimal testing. In-game screenshot also works:

Look at those slaughterfish waiting for me at the bottom of the lighthouse. Need to fix that.
Zini

Post by Zini »

We normally don't accept patches in this form. Can you send a github pull request, please?

Also, why the path change in prepareEngine? What does that fix?
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Zini wrote:We normally don't accept patches in this form. Can you send a github pull request, please?

Also, why the path change in prepareEngine? What does that fix?
Not sure how do work with git, to be honest. I've been kinda figuring things out as I go along :oops:

I did manage to fork the master branch but I'm not sure if I can simply commit to that or do I have to fork 0.29 again?

The change in prepareEngine was something that got left in while I was trying various things. Let me see what happens if I remove it.

EDIT: just re-compiled with that backed out and I can still load saves

Noticed that if my character is immobile (e.g. at the ship) and load another save then he remains immobile

Also noticed that when I'm saving there is no captured screen visible (is that what gus meant?)

EDIT2: not sure if I did things correctly or not, but a pull request sent
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

cc9cii wrote:Not sure how do work with git, to be honest. I've been kinda figuring things out as I go along :oops:
Does this site help?
corristo

Post by corristo »

Just got a crash after answering "Yes" in "Do you want to load last save?" dialog (after being killed by slaughterfish, lol):
https://gist.github.com/corristo/9157021
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Just got a crash after answering "Yes" in "Do you want to load last save?" dialog (after being killed by slaughterfish, lol):
Noticed that if my character is immobile (e.g. at the ship) and load another save then he remains immobile
Please put these on the tracker. Hard to keep track in here.
corristo

Post by corristo »

cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Okulo wrote: Does this site help?
Heh, I was half expecting to see "An Idiot's Guide" as I clicked the link :lol: Thanks for that.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Seems development effort on the release branch has settled.

Let's try this again. Start building the release packages, please.