OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Right, the new endpoint is lacking the tools needed to build new image links, so the image won't update but the builds will hopefully work from now on.
I'll try to fix up a new method to build the images I think, but that might take a while.

Either way, new builds will appear, even if the image no longer updates.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

My first attempt at a new image rasterizer didn't turn out very well, so I'm going to just write SVGs for now.
The image links should be updating automatically again in the first post.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Witnessing a little bit of strangeness. When I press T to rest and click on rest, I need to click 4-5 times for it to work. Not sure how the rest of the game behaves, since I don´t have Morrowind installed.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Ace, may I ask what OSG version you are using in your builds? It seems that people are still having the stuttering issue in 0.39 that I already fixed in the OSG fork on Feb. 25.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Probably a far too late one, been a bit busy with work and such to spend the ~30 hours or so that it'll take to upgrade all packages and redo all the build scripts.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

While Scrawl's here and we're discussing OSG-On-Steroids (which may not be supposed to be hyphenated), was the issue where the collada/dae plugin was still expecting double-precision quaternions fixed yet? I hacked a solution to make it work, but don't feel confident in my ability to cleanly work with C++ to push it upstream.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

was the issue where the collada/dae plugin was still expecting double-precision quaternions fixed yet?
Care to refresh my memory? I don't recall that issue. Is it a build error?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Yeah. I'll go and find it.

After much work with trying to get VS2013 to remember that I'm licenced to use it (apparently the product key I had written down was not my real product key) I found it.

In daeWTransforms.cpp, in the

Code: Select all

void daeWriter::writeUpdateTransformElements(const osg::Vec3 &pos, const osg::Quat &q,    const osg::Vec3 &s)
function, a few lines in, angle is declared as a double, and passed to

Code: Select all

Quat.getRotate(float &, Vec3 &)
(Or at least it's float after the preprocessor is done with it). I fixed this by changing angle to be declared as float, but I think the correct thing to do would be to set it as the preprocessor value for quaternion precision.

Either way, it's definitely still not fixed in the git repo.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Hm, looks like I didn't build the collada plugin (missing a dependency), so I never noticed this error. Just pushed a fix, can you verify that it works?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Yes, that works.