OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
dEnigma

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by dEnigma »

@carld256: Works fine for me, NPCs still talk about Solstheim when asked about latest rumors. Are you sure you have the correct load order set in the OpenMW launcher (Tribunal first, then Bloodmoon, not the other way around)? Because with the wrong order I also get the "tax collector" latest rumor.
carld256

Post by carld256 »

dEnigma wrote:@carld256: Works fine for me, NPCs still talk about Solstheim when asked about latest rumors. Are you sure you have the correct load order set in the OpenMW launcher (Tribunal first, then Bloodmoon, not the other way around)? Because with the wrong order I also get the "tax collector" latest rumor.
That did it, thanks. I always copy & paste a clean copy of MW's Data directory over to OpenMW when I'm starting a new play through. Somehow the load order changed this time, and I didn't notice it.
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

@carld256: Note: The launcher currently resets the mod load order every time it is started, so you either have to set it again every time, or launch openmw directly.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I feel I should mention that I'm aware of the builds not working at the moment, but for some reason my build script is not reading the analytics correctly and not reporting the errors. So I can't fix them until I get back home to my main machine, which should happen during the weekend.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

Thank you for your kindness.
sjek

Post by sjek »

Hi ace.

Are you on a trip or do you know what's taking on the 32 bit build .?

The 4e7f7 build in download is about three weeks old.
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

Yeah, it would be nice to have builds working again.
The Win64 is failing for many weeks now and I really need updated build to test some stuff with our province mod.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Right, apparently if the builds fail too early in the build process then my script can't piece together a build failure report. So since the CMake stage failed, nothing's been happening...
Thrown in a pull request for the fix, so they should be back on track soon.

The win64 builds though aren't as much failing as not working yet, somewhere in the build something happens that causes the linker to spit out invalid executables.
Been replacing all of the dependencies to try and fix it, but no change so far...

Maybe I should do what I thought about a while back, and set up a clean build environment on a VM, use that instead.
dteviot

Post by dteviot »

Ace (SWE) wrote:Maybe I should do what I thought about a while back, and set up a clean build environment on a VM, use that instead.
If you do that, I'm thinking it would be helpful to document all the steps as you go through them, so that others could use that to do set up their own build environment for Windows. The existing instructions on the Wiki are very limited. I tried to document the steps I did, but they could definitely use improvement.
sjek

Post by sjek »

yeah : D

that would be awesome. building in windows needs kinda magic

would photoing the cmake settings help .?

path differs from comp to comp so with needed file showing ?
or needed library subdirectory in specified settings