OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
densm27

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by densm27 »

densm27 wrote:Recent nightlies show version "OpenMW 0.36.1 release" instead of "OpenMW development (revision)" as before. Are they supposed to do so, or something is broken?
Buid info is broken again on 64-bit. Don't know when it started, didn't check nightlies for quite a long time (came here for water too - and it's awesome)
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Thanks for the heads up, had switched to 64-bit Git on windows, which moved the Git executable. And I hadn't updated the CMake cache.

Will be fixed come the next nightly builds.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Hi Ace,

The nightly builds apparently do not contain the required plugin files to load the native OSG format. Could you add them please?

(The 0.37 builds are fine as is, since the OSG format support was only added in 0.38.)

Thanks!
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Do we need every one of the serializers though?

As far as I know we don't use many of the OSG modules, so throwing in plugins for serializing them is pretty much just dead weight.

Either way, I've thrown in all of them, so once there are new nightlies they'll be packed in.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

As far as I know we don't use many of the OSG modules
No, we don't, but a node file could theoretically use any OSG module. You could use osgui and/or osgtext to display labels on screen. Or osgvolume for a terrain with holes / caves in it.

As to whether or not that is a sensible thing to do... probably not. None of these features are tested as far as OpenMW is concerned and may interact badly with other features.

We can definitely leave out serializers that we don't ship the main libs for (e.g. osgdb_serializers_osgterrain.so will depend on osgTerrain.so, which I assume we don't ship).
corristo

Post by corristo »

How about some wiki page with mandatory / good-to-have plugins?
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

The builds are not updating again... :|
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Seems to be a mount issue on my main upload endpoint, have changed the build scripts to use one of the other endpoints available to me so should be back to working tomorrow.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Still not updating... :|
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Seems like there are more issues than there should be, I'm currently sitting and rebuilding the cache of builds on the server, something that should take a few seconds but has now gone on for almost an hour.
Apparently the storage interlink is maxing out at 56kB/s.

I'll try to have new nightlies uploaded as soon as I can.