OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
EisigGefroren

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by EisigGefroren »

Current upload is corrupt! No download possible! Neither 32 nor 64!: 7a4caaf5b
EisigGefroren

Post by EisigGefroren »

@Admin Same today! Corrupt again! I seperately test the download via mx-linux. Corrupt. All the same!
EisigGefroren

Post by EisigGefroren »

I found out it't a hosting based problem of lysator.liu.se. Hopefully soon it works again.
EisigGefroren

Post by EisigGefroren »

Alternative download moved to last page.
Last edited by EisigGefroren on 23 Mar 2020, 19:14, edited 41 times in total.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I've tentatively approved that post without actually checking it links to the real build. Maybe upload it to VirusTotal after downloading it if you're one of the idiots who's using Windows with security features and antivirus/windows defender disabled.
EisigGefroren

Post by EisigGefroren »

I have Eset NOD and am not an idiot.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If you were being naughty and decided to slip some malware into the build before rehosting it, then me approving your posts and edits could be seen by someone as a confirmation that the OpenMW team has confirmed your links are safe, and then someone could get infected. I'm just telling people that these don't count as official links, so to exercise the same caution they would with other links to unofficial executables.

By the way, each time you edit that post, I'm having to manually approve it, but because it's the same post, it's not adding to your post count and moving you closer to not needing manual approval to post links. That means that the links aren't being updated until I next log into the forum, and so might be out of date for a while.
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I see the latest Windows nightly builds on the first post are from three days ago; is this a known issue that will soon be fixed? Cheers!
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

The builds are working, but the upload server seems to have lost it's connection to the SAN, I've reported the issue.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

Seems to be a problem with the nightlies again. Last one was on the 17th.