OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
thephantomfiddler

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by thephantomfiddler »

john44 wrote: 19 May 2019, 17:01 The May 17th nightly build seems to be messing with merchants somehow. The Mudcrab merchant and the Scamp won't pay the full value for items.
Fixed in latest nightly.
Deathbguy

Post by Deathbguy »

It seems windows protector is preventing me from opening the latest build... any ideas as how to stop that? I've already tried Run as Administrator.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Usually, there's a more details button you can press and once you've done that, you get the option to run anyway.
zelazko

Post by zelazko »

===== » 08 Aug 2019, 22:20===============

Today's release of August 8 2019 was about fixing the Seyda Neen lighthouse popping in and out? I dunno because I reinstalled and it fixed my issue with lighthouse. :D

===== » 08 Aug 2019, 22:20===============

Ramimilk daedric ruins. The door opens and game temporarily goes black then after activating door again the screen goes back to normal.

Video with the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov42zq712bo
Husaco

Post by Husaco »

zelazko wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 15:50 Ramimilk daedric ruins. The door opens and game temporarily goes black then after activating door again the screen goes back to normal.

Video with the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov42zq712bo
Look at the effects list on the HUD. The door was trapped and cast a blind spell on you when you opened it, which makes the screen go black.
zelazko

Post by zelazko »

I easily overlooked it. Maybe it's a good suggestion for OpenMW to implement better blindness effect. People who play Morrowind fresh are not accustomed to pitch black screens and think it's a bug. :lol:
lysol

Post by lysol »

How about a mod where as soon as you have a blind effect going, the game starts playing this?
psychotrip

Post by psychotrip »

Woahhh! It's been a while since I installed a nightly, but for some reason when I enter the game the framerate drops to around 1fps and I can somehow see certain objects through walls? It's very disorienting and unplayable. Did I do something wrong?
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

psychotrip wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 03:27 Woahhh! It's been a while since I installed a nightly, but for some reason when I enter the game the framerate drops to around 1fps and I can somehow see certain objects through walls? It's very disorienting and unplayable. Did I do something wrong?
Can you give a little more info? Which nightly and what OS are you on. Also, any mods active, and did you have this issue on any other nightlies or installs?
lysol wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 08:56 How about a mod where as soon as you have a blind effect going, the game starts playing this?
Also Lysol, that is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

ST the amused
psychotrip

Post by psychotrip »

silentthief wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 18:46
psychotrip wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 03:27 Woahhh! It's been a while since I installed a nightly, but for some reason when I enter the game the framerate drops to around 1fps and I can somehow see certain objects through walls? It's very disorienting and unplayable. Did I do something wrong?
Can you give a little more info? Which nightly and what OS are you on. Also, any mods active, and did you have this issue on any other nightlies or installs?
lysol wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 08:56 How about a mod where as soon as you have a blind effect going, the game starts playing this?
Also Lysol, that is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

ST the amused
Sure thing! I believe I'm using the latest one that came out yesterday. I just clicked the link tot he 64 bit download on the first page. I'm using Windows 7 and I have...a lot of mods. I've never had this issue on other nightlies though, nor is this an issue in my regular OpenMW install (which is the latest official version).

Edit: Okay I've confirmed that even without any mods the problem persists. No clue what could be causing this now. I have a 64 bit system and I'm using the 64 bit version so I have no clue what else could be causing such random weirdness.

Edit 2: Okay I tried the latest Nightly (9/26) and I have the exact same issue, even with no mods. This is so bizarre. I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.