OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
K1ll

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by K1ll »

Mantar wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 21:21 Nightlies have been broken for me since like June, because they link to a newer version of libBulletDynamics than is present in my distro, and the nightly doesn't ship with a copy in its libs folder.
Mantar wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 17:14 Oh, derp. The generic linux nightlies are what I meant.
Sorry about that. I only noticed a few days ago that the CMake scripts for finding Bullet changed. The latest nighty and a few before that do include Bullet again.
psi29a wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 09:55 Strange, there was a build just last night and every other night here: https://redfortune.de/openmw/nightly/?C=M;O=D
The builds worked but since the BULLET_Libraries var was not set anymore it did not copy the libraries into the package.
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

antnythr wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 01:39 Is there any word on when the MacOS nightly builds might return?
I've been wondering this myself.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

A couple of days ago. Look at the edit in the first post.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

clocknova wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 12:36
antnythr wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 01:39 Is there any word on when the MacOS nightly builds might return?
I've been wondering this myself.
MacOS builds can now be found on GitLab whenever a MR is merged:
https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/pipe ... 898/builds
^-- example, just click through to your OS of choice (Linux, MacOS or WIndows).
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Sorry if this is obvious or has been explained already, but the "latest working builds" linked in the first post show "2020-08-08 / OpenMW-f73aa9f27-win64" as the latest version. As this appears to be from three months ago, where can I find the latest Win 64 nightly build as of 19 November 2020? Cheers!
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

As the CI jobs seem to have taken over from nightlies, I've made the part of the first post that discusses them bold now. It should be a bit more visible.

We probably want to change things so the bit that refers to the old nightlies links to the latest master-branch build, too, but that's getting too close to web hosting for my liking.
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks for the quick reply! I did read the edits in the first post, but I guess I didn't quite understand them at first; I think I have it now, though. I went to https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/pipe ... ref=master, then clicked the down arrow/Artifacts icon on the right and chose/downloaded the "Windows_Ninja_Engine_Release:archive artifact" selection. This resulted in an "archive.zip" download with what I assume is the latest nightly release contained in an included "OpenMW_MSVC2019_64_Release_master_859358632.zip" archive. I assume I can ignore the "MSVC2019_64_Ninja" folder and "chocolatey.log" file that also came with the main downloaded archive. I'm not sure what the other download selection "Windows_Ninja_Engine_RelWithDebInfo:archive artifact" is in comparison, but that's probably not relevant to me anyway.

I would suggest that the "EDIT" text "nightlies are still available at the links above" be deleted/edited appropriately in the first post, and/or maybe the entire top original section of the post can be removed/struck through to avoid confusion - apparently once-a-day nightlies are in fact no longer available at those links. Appreciate the assist!
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Lysol, thanks for updating the Downloads page instructions for downloading nightlies - it's much clearer now! It would still be ideal if the top post of this topic could be adjusted (particularly to strike through the entire initial block of text and to delete the obsolete note "so nightlies are still available at the links above"), but I don't think it will be much of an issue anymore now that the Downloads info is clear and new users likely won't view this topic anyway.
jackleson

Post by jackleson »

SmartGuar wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 11:38 The nightly PPA doesn't work for me anymore on Linux Mint. Everything got uninstalled except openmw-data.
It now says it lacks the dependencies: qt512base and libopenscenegraph161.
Is the problem on my side or is there a problem with the nightly PPA? 
The PPA (annoyingly) doesn't work because libopenscenegraph161 is not installable in any form of linux mint as the latest linux mint (20.1) is based on ubuntu 20.4 (which uses openscenegraph 3.6.4 and therefore at most libopenscenegraph160) whereas ubuntu 20.10 can update/install openscenegraph 3.6.5 and so has libopenscenegraph161 available (along with basically anything based on arch). https://repology.org/project/openscenegraph/versions
I am pretty sure this is just a build dependency and that after building OpenMW should run just fine in even mint 19 or whatever. maybe I am just wrong on this, but libopenscenegraph is an issue even in the latest Linux Mint in anycase.

qt512base isn't a problem anymore.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

For future reference, if you're still a newly-registered user, editing your post will hide it until a moderator approves the edit.