OpenMW 0.21.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.21.0

Post by Zini »

Sure. We can always use more testers.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I'm catching up in terms of work here... and I noticed some errors that have crept in while compiling where in 0.20.0 didn't exist.

Have a look:
Spoiler: Show
Zini

Post by Zini »

The opencs stuff is caused by source files that do not contain Qt specific code. Currently we are piping all of the editor's source files through MOC and unfortunately it insists on complaining. I would love to disable this warning, but I have no idea how.

I do not encounter the other problems you have. Specific to your build setup maybe?
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

It's very simple, only parse the headers that contain Q_OBJECT with MOC.
Check out the launcher's CMakeList.txt.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yes, I am aware of that option. But it requires keeping track of what has Qt stuff in it and what not. Sounds rather error prone too me.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Zini wrote:I do not encounter the other problems you have. Specific to your build setup maybe?
I'll have a further look tomorrow, but the same exact build setup worked for 0.20.0...
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Zini wrote:Yes, I am aware of that option. But it requires keeping track of what has Qt stuff in it and what not. Sounds rather error prone too me.
Compilation will fail with "undefined reference to 'vtable for X'" if you don't preprocess the headers, so you will find out soon enough, as you should always compile your changes before committing them.
raevol

Post by raevol »

How are we looking on this release Zini? I have a little but of cadence ADD so I don't know if we are running early or late, but I figured I'd bump this thread.
Zini

Post by Zini »

We are basically looking at a maintenance release. Lots of bug fixes and some performance improvements. We have some new features, but they are somewhat unspectacular. There isn't anything in the pipeline either that will finish up in the near future. I guess we can enter RC status, as soon as this here has been taken care of.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

I found the problem with my problem earlier, it came from the static build of ogre. It is 'requiring' Cg/cg.h.

Code: Select all

[ 41%] Building CXX object apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/__/__/libs/openengine/ogre/renderer.cpp.o
[ 41%] Building CXX object apps/opencs/CMakeFiles/opencs.dir/main.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/OGRE/Plugins/CgProgramManager/OgreCgProgramFactory.h:31:0,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Plugins/CgProgramManager/OgreCgPlugin.h:32,
                 from /home/bbrick/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/libs/openengine/ogre/renderer.hpp:12,
                 from /home/bbrick/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/libs/openengine/ogre/renderer.cpp:1:
/usr/include/OGRE/Plugins/CgProgramManager/OgreCgPrerequisites.h:32:19: fatal error: Cg/cg.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
[ 41%] Building CXX object apps/opencs/CMakeFiles/opencs.dir/editor.cpp.o
make[2]: *** [apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/__/__/libs/openengine/ogre/renderer.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Once I installed the nvidia-cg-toolkit, things compiled as planned. However I noticed this in the cmake log from doing a clean rebuild:

Code: Select all

-- Looking for Cg...
-- checking for module 'Cg'
--   package 'Cg' not found
Is cmake broken here?

Also, I thought that nvidia-cg-toolkit was optional, is there a missing cmake flag?