OpenMW 0.21.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
scrawl

Re: OpenMW 0.21.0

Post by scrawl »

I think I have fixed the problem, @ace can you please make a build from 62c711d709d9c3bf314b97bd31b198f3768255e9 for us to test (32 bit here) ?
raevol

Post by raevol »

Release announcement draft:
The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.21.0! Release packages for Ubuntu are now available via our Launchpad PPA (https://launchpad.net/~openmw/+archive/openmw). Release packages for other platforms are available on our Download page (https://code.google.com/p/openmw/downloads/list).

--release video--

Known Issues:
-

Changelog:
- Various dialog, trading, and disposition fixes and improvements
- Torch flickering improved to better match vanilla Morrowind
- Fix for attribute fluctuation when infected with Ash Woe Blight
- Adjusted activation range to better mach vanilla Morrowind
- Fixes for the Journal UI
- Fixed crash caused by Golden Saint models
- Fix for beast races being able to wear shoes
- Fix for background music not playing
- Fix for meshes without certain node names not being loaded
- Fix for incorrect terrain shape on inital cell load
- Fix for AiWander crashing the script VM
- Added video playback
- Added support for Morrowind escape sequences
- Added AI related script functions
- Implemented fallbacks for necessary ini values
- Implemented execution of scripts of objects in containers/inventories in active cells
I took the liberty to consolidate some of the changes, especially relating to dialog and the journal. Let me know if I should undo that. I really need help with these items:
Task #401: Review GMST fixing
Task #453: Unify case smashing/folding
Task #512: Rewrite utf8 component
Bug #521: MWGui::InventoryWindow creates a duplicate player actor at the origin
Feature #460: Experimental DirArchives improvements
Also, which features should we highlight? What known issues should we announce? And any other edits greatly appreciated!
corristo

Post by corristo »

HiPhish wrote:Crash on startup on Mac OS X 10.8.2
Thanks, looks like I accidentally linked against wrong OIS library again. Will fix later today.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Known Issues:

- same as last time and no sound when playing videos on OS X
- Added support for Morrowind escape sequences
"Morrowind escape sequences" does not say very much, because everything we do is MW. How about "escape sequences in message box and dialogue text" instead?
Added AI related script functions
We should probably mention that we don't have any AI functionality yet. Otherwise people are going to be disappointed.
Implemented fallbacks for necessary ini values
That is misleading. The implementation is limited to the importer. We don't use any of this in OpenMW yet.
Review GMST fixing
See here. We had an mechanism to address this problem, but it wasn't working properly and also impossible to fix. Therefore we removed it.
Task #453: Unify case smashing/folding
Task #512: Rewrite utf8 component
These fall under the category of code maintenance.
Bug #521: MWGui::InventoryWindow creates a duplicate player actor at the origin
I think the description is good. A bug spawned a copy of the player model in a certain location.
Feature #460: Experimental DirArchives improvements
Cell load time improvements. Was experimental only, but contributed considerably to the speed up. You can probably remove this line completely and replace it with something like "Cell loading performance improvements".

To be honest, there isn't much to highlight this time. Its mostly a maintenance release. Maybe:
- Video playing
- Escape sequences
- cell loading performance
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Precise (LTS) debs:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/396161/openmw_ ... 1_i386.deb
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/396161/openmw_ ... _amd64.deb

The amd64 was tested by me on Quantal laptop without problems. Be sure to have ffmpeg and supporting libs installed. We'll fix up the dependencies when making an official PPA release.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Minor correction to my previous posting regarding known issues: The disposition problems have been sorted out. So we only have the shaking and the OS X problem.
corristo

Post by corristo »

Don't forget launcher crashs on OS X < 10.8 (probably we haven't mentioned it in previous release, but it's still here)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Right. That should have been on the list all the time.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I have an exam and a project due this week. I'll probably be able to make a video Thursday, though.
I had stated previously that I'd announce to the Steam group that we have RCs for testing. Problem is, most of them (assuming they take the bait and participate) would probably grab the Windows versions, which might do nasty things to ACE's dropbox. Is there a reason that we don't upload RCs to the main download section?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

scrawl wrote:I think I have fixed the problem, @ace can you please make a build from 62c711d709d9c3bf314b97bd31b198f3768255e9 for us to test (32 bit here) ?
Here's the openmw.exe files from such a build:
32-bit
64-bit