OpenMW Performance

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Kiesel

Re: OpenMW Performance

Post by Kiesel »

:o That's weird. Maybe It's because I'm using an Nvidia card, or because I don't get great framerates in Morrowind to begin with. I don't know what the exact FPS are (how do you check that?) but in OpenMW I get >60 indoors, and >40 outdoors.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

You have a decent hardware. With semi-modern fx card openmw can run well, but when you have something old morrowind is faster + note that you have mods in MW that often slow down game a lot.
Syracuse

Post by Syracuse »

Hey, I was just wondering, will this project support multi-core platforms? Also, will this program be a lot of a change from the vanilla Morrowind UI? I'm not very good at programming, but I am interested in where this project will go.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Syracuse wrote:Hey, I was just wondering, will this project support multi-core platforms? Also, will this program be a lot of a change from the vanilla Morrowind UI? I'm not very good at programming, but I am interested in where this project will go.

Support for threading since the beginning, so yes it takes advantage of multi-core systems. It will try to keep to the same look and feel except for where things where broken and a pain to use.

Here is the FAQ:
http://openmw.org/faq/
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Does OpenMW, as the original MW, loading cells in foreground and freezes the game during loading? Maybe, add a feture like background cell preloading?
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

Does OpenMW, as the original MW, loading cells in foreground and freezes the game during loading?
Yes
Maybe, add a feture like background cell preloading?
It's on the post-1.0 TODO list :)