0.15 feedback

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zini

Re: 0.15 feedback

Post by Zini »

Makes sense.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Necrod wrote:
Tarius wrote:
Lazaroth wrote:Good that most issues were known. Feels great to have gotten them off my chest... :)
scrawl wrote: This is the current color in RGB: 0, 0.65, 0.65
I agree it doesn't fit so well. Feel free to suggest a better one.
Is there some way I can test this myself?
Anyway, I did an approximation and it is: 0.15, 0.22, 0.26
Best way to test is to go into the game and take a screenshot. You then put screenshot into something like photoshop and do a color picker on the tint to get a close value.
Nope, that's not a good idea, because the tint is like 50% transparent, and the color you would pick up in Photoshop, would be of the tint combined with 50% of underwater dirt or whatever you see through the tint
Well it should actually be implied that you dont want anything else in the line of sight when you take the screen shot.
Depends on draw distance of course too.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

The approximation was done with screenshots, trying to compensate for the things you all have said. So my values still stand. But it would be better if one could check them in OpenMW.´

Edit:
Here's what I did:

Took screenshot of both OpenMW and original MW in the exact same circumstances.
When looking at the sky, the RGB in OpenMW had the exact same values as scrawl specified.
I then took the exact same spot in the original and out came the values I got.

This is of course dependent on that the lightning works the same in OpenMW.
Star-Demon

Post by Star-Demon »

Did we have any plans for implementing the rebinding of keys?

Would be nice to just be able to save settings in the game, now. The last time I took footage of me playing, I had to make fun of myself pressing buttons to see what happens.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

In the worst case you just need a rebuild... :)
Star-Demon

Post by Star-Demon »

ezzetabi wrote:In the worst case you just need a rebuild... :)
That IS the worst. Rebuilding requires troubleshooting the whole process, I can't think of a time I've ever hit the button and got a working product. :P I hope it's easier, now, but the idea of deleting, downloading, installing, configing and troubleshooting problems just to rebind my keys make me wonder if writing a class, making it serializable, and writing to .txt wouldn't be faster. :P

Oh, and maybe a simple binding display screen for now. Or a /help command for the console. :)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I hope it's easier, now, but the idea of deleting, downloading, installing, configing and troubleshooting problems just to rebind my keys make me wonder if writing a class, making it serializable, and writing to .txt wouldn't be faster.
That's the plan to make you do you it ;-)
Star-Demon

Post by Star-Demon »

sirherrbatka wrote:
I hope it's easier, now, but the idea of deleting, downloading, installing, configing and troubleshooting problems just to rebind my keys make me wonder if writing a class, making it serializable, and writing to .txt wouldn't be faster.
That's the plan to make you do you it ;-)
You crafty snakes.