Morrowind Equations

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zini

Re: Morrowind Equations

Post by Zini »

Having a complete list of what still needs to be done on the wiki would be useful ...
Nandorianen

Post by Nandorianen »

You mean, someone needs to <post on the wiki> everything that needs to be done, or someone needs to post everything that <needs to be done on the wiki>?
Zini

Post by Zini »

The former. And to clarify more:

"everything that needs to be done": Every formula/mechanic that is either not listed on the wiki or listed incorrectly.
Kiesel

Post by Kiesel »

I made a page for it, but I don't know what needs to be put here: http://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title= ... _mechanics
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

I think the green/yellow/red color code used on the formulae page are enough.
Logitech

Post by Logitech »

Sorry for bumping old topic, but I'm looking for a formula for Fatigue loss on attack. OpenMW wiki mentions that it is implemented, used, but un-researched. Does it mean it is currently unknown how it works? I think in vanilla Morrowind it takes weapon weight into account (there is noticeable higher fatigue cost for attacking with 2h Axe than with short blade), so the common formula that is used for other actions:

Code: Select all

fFatigueAttackBase + ( 1 - currentEncumbrance / maxEncumbrance ) * fFatigueAttackMult
is inaccurate. If someone has any information regarding it please post it here.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

See the code we are using: https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/blob/4 ... c.cpp#L491 Edit: changed link to permalink.

That is,
fFatigueAttackBase + normalizedEncumbrance * fFatigueAttackMult + weaponWeight * attackStrength * fWeaponFatigueMult

Not sure if this is accurate, it was just a guess at the time. If you want to be sure, you'll have to ask Hrnchamd himself (see the "Reversing Morrowind's Formulas" topic on here).
Last edited by scrawl on 31 Jan 2015, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
Logitech

Post by Logitech »

thanks, replied in that topic.