Windows testing of branch needed

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zini

Re: Windows testing of branch needed

Post by Zini »

Well, that is not the problem we are currently interested in.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

I realize that, just posting that I figured out the problem I was having. If we need windows testing on the launcher, I can do it now.
tronvillain

Post by tronvillain »

Well, I guess I had better figure out how to do this, since I know absolutely nothing. Okay, downloading the many needed files, so I suspect I won't get around to this tonight, but at least I will have it ready for later. Hmmm... so do I have to actually set up a Development Environment, or is there an easier way to test this? I'll assume I need to for now, but please tell me if I don't have to. *chuckle*

And it isn't that we Windows users don't care - I think we pretty much all agree that a working 1.0 OpenMW would be absolutely amazing, it is just that most of us don't hang out on these forums because we don't think we have anything to contribute. I know I didn't, and just continued tweaking Morrowind meshes (currently fixing UV's on Daedric meshes and helmets) in Blender, and doing a little texture work. Then Tarius mentioned that testers were needed, and I decided to see what I could do.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

tronvillain wrote:Then Tarius mentioned that testers were needed, and I decided to see what I could do.
This is caring. You are a wonderful exception. Thanks.
Zini

Post by Zini »

jhooks1 wrote:I realize that, just posting that I figured out the problem I was having. If we need windows testing on the launcher, I can do it now.
Okay. Great!
tronvillain

Post by tronvillain »

Still trying to figure out how to set everything up, started a thread in Support. This may take a few days. *chuckle*
hircine

Post by hircine »

I'll give it a crack tomorrow night.
Zini

Post by Zini »

And we still don't have any results. There were a few statements on the tracker, but they are somewhat inconclusive.

Can we please have a final statement? Does the render system selection in the launcher under Windows work now or not? This thread is up for nearly a month. Can't be that hard to get an answer to that question.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

I tried the latest build Ace uploaded with Wine and could no longer reproduce the issue.
However I did have a different problem. I couldn't convert the Rendering System from OpenGL to DirectX in the launcher. The reason being that once I did, it gave me some resolution options that included info on 32bit vs 16bit colour values and so the game crashes with an internal error about invalid parameters used. The way to get around it is by manually changing the render system in settings.cfg . Don't know if it's a Wine related issue but I doubt it.

On an unrelated note, the underwater shader works perfectly on wine with DirectX and behaves the same with OpenGL as the native version, so it's an Ogre issue.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

it gave me some resolution options that included info on 32bit vs 16bit colour values
can you paste the complete line? then i can try to remove this bpp value from the combobox if it's present.