Interesting issue when swapping between versions of OpenCS

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
ArashiAganawa

Interesting issue when swapping between versions of OpenCS

Post by ArashiAganawa »

So, I've been hopping between versions of OpenCS to work on a mod, because one has the ability to edit terrain but I can't see npcs, and the other I can see npcs but not edit terrain. I found an interesting issue happens when doing this. My mod raises certain terrain height to absurd levels, which in turn changes the map. WELL if you save the mod in the old version of the editor that doesn't have landscaping features, the map gets all full of holes. The land loads fine, but the map in game get's all messed up. This can be fixed by resaving the mod in the new one! Nothing major, obviously not a bug (as I'm playing with fire even swapping between versions) but interesting all the same.

Also, why can't I see npcs in the new version of the cs? If I could see them AND have snap to grid, well I'd be the happiest fetcher alive.
ArashiAganawa

Re: Interesting issue when swapping between versions of OpenCS

Post by ArashiAganawa »

The terrain in question incase anyone was curious! :D
lysol

Post by lysol »

Finally, a real mountainous red mountain!
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

That's the goal! It will take a while, because I plan on redoing the dungeons to fit the new mountain, and revamping the end of the main quest with that, but as the OpenCS evolves, I will be able to get more done. Need some new meshes and textures and possibly animations for some things I want to do, but we'll see how that goes.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Have you reported an issue for the NPCs thing? If not, that'd be a bad regression to have in the 0.47 release.
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

I may have forgotten to do so... mostly thought I was doing something wrong, will make a bug report about it.

Never mind, the latest version fixes that... what good timing! BACK TO WORK WITH ME!
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

That screencap looks awesome! Please keep us posted on this (perhaps in another thread we should do a what are people workin on discussion).

ST
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

I'll probably start a thread in the "content development" section at some point. Can't let the flame die out! I may also be seeking people to help at a certain point, as this is a pretty major project.