Any commands available on OpenMW to fix this mayor issue?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
otomon

Any commands available on OpenMW to fix this mayor issue?

Post by otomon »

Didnt put this in support since maybe someone had an idea that wont require commands... so here is the situation

Its my first time playing Morrowind, at one point I ran into a lonely npc in the northen parts that agro, figure it was a scripted figth and didnt think much of it....

30 hours in, im tryna complete the main story, and find out that one npc that agro, made so the whole Ashlander faction hates me, and there are some NPCs you must talk to in the Urshilaku Camp to prooceed... but as I said, every Ashlander just wants to kill me on sigth and the ones that dont just tell me " You killed one of us you have to die"

I have been trying to figure out a way to remedy this situation, tried changing disposition for the npcs I need to talk to, making copies of them, calm humanoid spell, stop combat... but no matter what I do, the script making them agro overides everything and they go back to disposition 0 and agro instantly.

I was hoping someone with knowledge of OpenMW commands, had an idea of what possible command I could use to fix this? Ideally there is a way to fix without commands but doubt it... the journal just says "It wont be easy having peaceful negotiations with them" which makes me believe that there could be a way to make things better....
silentthief

Re: Any commands available on OpenMW to fix this mayor issue?

Post by silentthief »

I don't know if this is a bug in the original game logic or what - I *think* this is the same thing in Vanilla MW (haven't played vanilla in a long time). It's like if you wear the indoril armor in front of an ordinator then they are forever agro to you (except it happens without having to do any action like wearing an armor set). I did a quick search and I was not able to find anything regarding quest or mod that triggers this issue.

The random NPC in the wilderness probably was just that. The ashlander NPCs are almost universally hostile -> https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Ashlanders

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that in vanilla MW you may have to run into the camp and talk to the Ashkhan to stop them from attacking you. If so, this would be consistent behavior on openmw.

ST
PS: if you need to slow the agro, then I suggest using a calm humanoid spell effect.
**edited for clarity**
otomon

Post by otomon »

silentthief wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 16:39I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that in vanilla MW you may have to run into the camp and talk to the Ashkhan to stop them from attacking you. If so, this would be consistent behavior on openmw.

ST
PS: if you need to slow the agro, then I suggest using a calm humanoid spell effect.
**edited for clarity**
Yeah makes sense that my armor may have angered them, I was wearing the dark brotherhood set. As for talking to the Ashkan... I take it you mean Sul-Matuul? Cause yeah hes agro was well....and I mentioned calm humanoid spell does nothing at all since whatever script it making them agro overides everything,\

EDIT: Tried the command Journal "A2_1_MeetSulMatuul" 1
which adds the next stage of that quest... but because the journal entry "B1_Urshilaku Kill" is still there... they are still agro, is there another command I can use? Even willing to use a cheat engine at this point to get rid of that entry if possible
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Seems like this is in the realm of the difficulty/non-handholding that morrowind does, where you can easily kill some important NPC and see this message: "With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created." Being that this is on the path to the main quest it seems a little unforgiving.

I have never tried to remove a quest using any of the scripts, but according to the webpage here there are two quests, one is urshilaku unify and other is urshilaku kill. I think you need to use this console command and see if you can remove it:

SetJournalIndex, "B1_Urshilaku Kill", 0

This is supposed to remove it, but I am not sure if it will work as I have not tested this out. The reason it may not work is because it has two quests on that page instead of just one, and you get the kill quest activated when it is added to your character as a failure path instead of a specific quest stage numeric value in the first quest. I advise making a backup of your save first just in case, as this *should* work, but I don't know how the engine handles a zero value quest.

ST
otomon

Post by otomon »

silentthief wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 22:17 Seems like this is in the realm of the difficulty/non-handholding that morrowind does, where you can easily kill some important NPC and see this message: "With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created." Being that this is on the path to the main quest it seems a little unforgiving.

I have never tried to remove a quest using any of the scripts, but according to the webpage here there are two quests, one is urshilaku unify and other is urshilaku kill. I think you need to use this console command and see if you can remove it:

SetJournalIndex, "B1_Urshilaku Kill", 0

This is supposed to remove it, but I am not sure if it will work as I have not tested this out. The reason it may not work is because it has two quests on that page instead of just one, and you get the kill quest activated when it is added to your character as a failure path instead of a specific quest stage numeric value in the first quest. I advise making a backup of your save first just in case, as this *should* work, but I don't know how the engine handles a zero value quest.

ST
I actually had the same idea earlier today, the problem is that console says that "B1_Urshilaku Kill" is not a valid Id
Tried using B1_UnifyUrshilaku instead to see if it was just an Id error... console accepts it but nothing happen at alls, nothing on my journal changes, the way Journal "A2_1_MeetSulMatuul" 1 adds journal entries...
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

going off the link of the UESP page (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Urshilaku_Nerevarine), I think I did not copy the quest name properly. Try this:

SetJournalIndex, "B1_UrshilakuKill", 0

(my first one had a space between kill and urshilaku)

ST