Bugs(?) while playing

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
ezze

Bugs(?) while playing

Post by ezze »

(OpenMW 0.47, cf52)

I played (a bit too much) this weekend and here is some interesting behavior I had.

Are those bugs? If so are in the tracker?

The trees in Bitter Coast appear suddenly with a jarring effect. I could see this effect only in the Bitter Coast.

screenshot010.png.jpg
NPCs fall through statics

screenshot009.png.jpg
Bonewalkers cannot hit foragers
Calibration

Re: Bugs(?) while playing

Post by Calibration »

I've seen the npc falling through the static too. Maybe half a dozen times and always in Balmora on two of the staircases (at one of those same places by the looks of your picture). I saw it in 0.46 as well but I use Kilcunda's Balmora mod so maybe a mod issue?
ezze

Post by ezze »

It has also fun side-effect in Gnisis. The Silt Strider traveler is often _below_ the dock nearby the river.

Another interesting behavior has to do with pathfinding. AIs are now really good navigate the world, but they do not consider other actors.
So, you can, for example, summon a bone walker between you and an angry enemy and the enemy won't be able to reach you if you just walk around the bone walker keeping it in the middle between you and the enemy.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

The trees in Bitter Coast appear suddenly with a jarring effect. I could see this effect only in the Bitter Coast.
I guess you're using Morrowind Optimization Patch. The latest version adds NiLODNode to the Bitter Coast trees. Due to the nature of NiLODNode, the trees simply will not render beyond the maximum distance specified in the nif file. The solution at present is to manually edit the max distance to a very high number so they will continue to render over larger distances.
ezze

Post by ezze »

Since the mod appears in the openmw heart vanilla list probably I am using it. I'll check.

So I need to change the nif files? Are there instruction somewhere?
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

JDGBOLT has already made the relevant changes to the offending nifs, which can be downloaded here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 0/trees.7z

Let me know if that fixes it for you.
ezze

Post by ezze »

Oh yes!

I just had to create the directories and add the new directory in the openmw.cfg file.

Code: Select all

(under the Morrowind Optimization Patch directory)

05 fixtrees/
05 fixtrees/meshes
05 fixtrees/meshes/f
05 fixtrees/meshes/f/flora_bc_tree_01.nif
05 fixtrees/meshes/f/flora_bc_tree_02.nif
05 fixtrees/meshes/f/flora_bc_tree_03.nif
05 fixtrees/meshes/f/flora_bc_tree_04.nif
05 fixtrees/meshes/f/flora_bc_tree_05.nif
05 fixtrees/meshes/f/flora_bc_tree_06.nif
05 fixtrees/meshes/f/flora_bc_tree_07.nif
05 fixtrees/meshes/f/flora_bc_tree_08.nif
screenshot001.png.jpg
screenshot000.png.jpg
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

Sweet; glad that's been sorted for you.
ezze

Post by ezze »

Another fun behavior, but I am not sure if it is a bug or it was the same in vanilla. When you unlock the doors and enter in a cell sometime the door is closed in the other side.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

It's the same in Morrowind, the door objects aren't actually connected like they are in the later games.