OpenMW doesn't think Better Balance Combat is in the right load order?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
DivergentDroid

OpenMW doesn't think Better Balance Combat is in the right load order?

Post by DivergentDroid »

I have installed Better Balance Combat ( https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... escription) via Vortex. OpenMW doesn't think Better Balance Combat is in the right load order. When I look at the Data Files section of the OpenMW Launcher, it doesn't look right, Better Balance Combat is at the top with a yellow warning symbol saying Better Balance Combat needs to be loaded after Tribunal and Bloodmoon. When I look at the Data files section of the Morrowind Launcher it looks right. When I view it with Mlox it looks right (I even set the order in the mlox_user.txt and reloaded by placing Better Balance Combat.esp below Tribunal and Bloodmoon under [Order] ) and when I view it with Wrye Mash from Polmos windows standalone version it looks right with the load order being numbered correctly with Morrowind Tribunal and Bloodmoon being 1, 2 and 3 and Better Balance Combat being #11. When trying to load OpenMW I get a CTD with the same error message that the file is not in the right load order.

I can play the mod in regular Morrowind engine and it works just fine. I know because every hit connects and I have a magic regen. No CTD no errors. What am I missing? I'm using the latest 0.4.6. version of OpenMW. Thanks.
Atahualpa

Re: OpenMW doesn't think Better Balance Combat is in the right load order?

Post by Atahualpa »

From what I can guess, you need to adjust the load order in OpenMW's launcher. Simply drag and drop the files where you need them.

(The load order in OpenMW is completely independent from the load order you chose for the vanilla engine.)
DivergentDroid

Re: OpenMW doesn't think Better Balance Combat is in the right load order?

Post by DivergentDroid »

Atahualpa wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 17:56 From what I can guess, you need to adjust the load order in OpenMW's launcher. Simply drag and drop the files where you need them.

(The load order in OpenMW is completely independent from the load order you chose for the vanilla engine.)
Drag and Drop.. It was really That simple. I never thought to try that. I guess it pays to read the manual. Thanks. Yep.. I feel like a dummy. LOL